Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Call on my bill that I have not made

I have both landline and mobile with EE. I have recently noticed that for the past four months I have been charged to my landline, calls supposedly made to my mobile. I have never made any and there was one charged when I was abroad , and one when I was flying in a plane! None of these calls have been shown on my mobile ‘recent calls’. I have been told by EE that their data from both landline and mobile matches and therefore my complaint is being considered closed. Has anyone any experience of , or idea of, how these billed calls have come about, please? I rarely use my landline to call out and my flat is always locked when I’m not there and no one has access. It’s a complete frustrating mystery to me but EE data evidence says otherwise. Any help would be great.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Call on my bill that I have not made

Hi @BB48,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you have call divert setup on your landline?

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by
Solution

Hi @BB48,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you have call divert setup on your landline?

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you James. I can’t see how I could have set up divert from my BT Concero 1400 handset or base. I did fiddle about with it when I wasn’t getting any signal back in January. I eventually reported a line fault to EE and have their message saying they were working on fixing it dated 30/01/20. They may have mentioned about putting call divert on for me while they were sorting it. The line was back within four days I think and funnily enough these calls to my mobile started on the 5th February! Are they the only ones who call put on call divert? If so, it hasn’t been removed when the line was back.

Brian
Highlighted
by

Hi @BB48,

If a call divert is active you can turn it off via your handset.

Please see the Call Divert section in  How do I use the features on my EE home phone? for more information.

Hope this helps.

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you James.
I contacted EE at end of January over a line fault and I think that they put on divert while sorting out the problem. Which they did within 4 days.The bogus calls started 5th Feb!
I just checked With Tech at 150 and sure enough that divert was still on. They have now cancelled divert and sorted it out for me included refunds.
Thanks once again for your input.

Brian
Highlighted
by

That's great @BB48

Glad I could help. 🙂

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions