by
Explorer

Broadband still not running

Hi all,

So my broadband was supposed to be active by 23:59 on the 13/02, still not active, phoned them today and got told to wait until 23:59 today, feel like I'm getting fobbed off. I look at my order and it still says provisioning, did anyone else have this problem when first setting up? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Ps I haven't had the internet now for about 3 weeks and im going a bit insane

3 REPLIES
by
Grand Master

Re: Broadband still not running

All you can do is wait & see & keep chasing EE.

Have you plugged your router in? It'll spring to life when it happens & not a moment before.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Explorer

Update for this, so I phoned today and the lady I spoke to tells me that there is a fault at the bt box and she has booked and engineer out to fix it for tomorrow morning all well and good right? No I'm not really happy with that and ask her a few questions, 1. Why did the guy that I spoke to yesterday not do that as it could have been resolved by now? She tells me that the guy didnt know about it yesterday as the engineer got sent out after we spoke. Ok fine then I asked question number 2, why if an engineer got sent out yesterday was my completion date for having my broadband switched on the 13th as I got text messages stating my landline had been switched on and my broadband would be on the same day? No real answer for it. I'm usually quite a calm guy but I'm getting a little angry now we will wait and see what happens tomorrow I guess, Not a great start to an 18 month contract though is it

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

If there is a fault at a BT cabinet BT will be sending out an eng. independent of EE.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Do you have a BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.