by Jakelacey1993 Investigator
Investigator

Broadband status is connected but unable to use the internet on any device

I have had no broadband all weekend I have reset my router to factory setting my router light is blue but when trying to access the internet on my devices it says 404 not found and my connection is not private it has been happening since Saturday morning 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Broadband status is connected but unable to use the internet on any device

I have spoke with customer service they have fixed the problem I had a block placed on my account because my payment did register I have been with EE over 1 year and never experienced this before many thanks for the reply’s and I hope you get your problem sorted 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jakelacey1993   Have you tried clearing your search history on all your devices?   Have you reported this to customer services? 

Investigator

I will give customer service a call in a moment so I need to clear all browser data on all my devices 

Investigator

I have cleared all browser data on every device still no joy so I will contact customer service many thanks for your help

by Gordy61
Explorer

I’m having the same issue. Everything internet reliant fell over yesterday afternoon. I’m expecting a callback from customer services in about an hour. Router seems to be lighting up the way it should but Alexa won’t work nor will the fire stick in the back of my TV and none of mine or my family’s devices will connect to the internet.

Investigator
Solution

I have spoke with customer service they have fixed the problem I had a block placed on my account because my payment did register I have been with EE over 1 year and never experienced this before many thanks for the reply’s and I hope you get your problem sorted 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted @Jakelacey1993.

Feel free to come back and use the community any time 🙂

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gordy61 : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names & numbers in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Gordy61
Explorer

Phone line is active. Problem was resolved with a call to customer services. Turned out the router had had a moment and needed a username and password change via access by the admin password.

Nice work by EE

Sent from my iPhone
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

This is worrying behaviour, on the part of EE, if they instantly block an account if there is  a  hiccup with a payment, i.e. either the fault of EE or the Bank. This should not happen to a customer with a good payment history. Probably another automated system designed by someone intellectually challenged or more likely told what to do by the intellectually challenged. This also is incredibly shortsighted by EE, because if they do it a lot, customers will leave in large numbers. This needs to be carefully monitored.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gordy61 : The BB username and password should never need be changed once you've made the 1st successful connection.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.