by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

Broadband so slow that netflix and amazon video wont even load on PS3!!

Exchange Search Results Exchange Name OLO County Region Carterton SMCAR Oxfordshire South East DSL STATUS This page shows information about your DSL connection. If you are using Fibre/Ethernet Broadband then this page is not applicable. STATUS Configured Current Line Status -- UP Link Type -- Fast Path Operation Mode Automatic G.992.5 (ADSL2+) DATA RATE INFORMATION Upstream 1231 (Kbps) Downstream 4507 (Kbps) DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATION Operation Data Upstream Downstream Noise Margin 5.6 (dB) 13.9 (dB) Line Attenuation 26.6 (dB) 44.5 (dB) Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator Output Power 12.6 (dBm) 0.0 (dBm) Fast Path FEC Correction 0 0 Interleaved Path FEC Correction -- -- Fast Path CRC Error 0 0 Interleaved Path CRC Error -- -- Loss Of Signal Defect 0 0 Fast Path HEC Error STR 0 408682 Interleaved Path HEC Error -- -- Error Seconds 1842 0 STATISTICS Received Data 124976 (Kbits) Transmitted Data 22001 (Kbits) https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1509760865555286055
19 REPLIES 19
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Broadband so slow that netflix and amazon video wont even load on PS3!!

Hi @bobski23

Welcome to the community.

Have you seen @XRaySpeX's excellent Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? support article?

There is some brilliant advice on there.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is that speedtest wired?

Reboot the router & try plugging it into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Redo the router stats,  Uptime & wired speedtest when plugged into test socket.

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

Yes mate, that is using a brand new 1 metre network cable from laptop to router!

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

NOW plugged into test socket:

DSL STATUS This page shows information about your DSL connection. If you are using Fibre/Ethernet Broadband then this page is not applicable. STATUS Configured Current Line Status -- UP Link Type -- Fast Path Operation Mode Automatic G.992.5 (ADSL2+) DATA RATE INFORMATION Upstream 1239 (Kbps) Downstream 7079 (Kbps) DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATION Operation Data Upstream Downstream Noise Margin 5.8 (dB) 7.3 (dB) Line Attenuation 26.6 (dB) 45.0 (dB) Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator Output Power 12.6 (dBm) 0.0 (dBm) Fast Path FEC Correction 0 0 Interleaved Path FEC Correction -- -- Fast Path CRC Error 0 0 Interleaved Path CRC Error -- -- Loss Of Signal Defect 1 0 Fast Path HEC Error STR 0 63282 Interleaved Path HEC Error -- -- Error Seconds 1635 0 STATISTICS Received Data 3218 (Kbits) Transmitted Data 1896 (Kbits)

SYSTEM LOG This page shows various system events like administrator login/logout, broadband connection status.

System Uptime is: 00:34:49
Current Time/Date is: 00:52:27 05 Nov

Exchange Name

OLO

County

Region

CartertonSMCAROxfordshireSouth East
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What about the QLT?

Check your IP Profile. Run the BT Wholesale Performance Test, (ignoring all the red instructions), and on the initial results page click Further diagnostics at the bottom. The IP Profile is given in the text box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

QLT is fine
by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.79 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 6.24 Mbps

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

hope you're reading this Christopher G

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks. BB is fine. IPP is correct. Just throughput is awful. That puts the ball in your LAN.

Do you have another PC to test wired speedtest from? Or try using another LAN port of the router or even LAN cable.

I'm sure @Christopher_G will be reading this Smiley Wink.

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

No internet for three days now!

Can’t do speed test etc as no internet whatsoever. Neither WiFi nor wired connection to my laptop. No connection on PlayStation 3 console. No connection on iPhone SE. at first I thought I was being throttled by the worst internet provider I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Now I realise they’re just not interested in the reliability of a product they’ve sold me

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: No internet for three days now!

Is your phone line working? Dial 17070 from a corded phone.

Have you reported a fault?

I am sure @XRaySpeX will be along soon to offer more help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

Phone line works fine. Still no internet. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

& my 1st Q?

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

I have to disconnect from mobile data to connect to my router. I’ve got screenshots of the data you’ve asked for but no way to copy and paste it to you without connecting and disconnecting to my router and saving all data each time to my notes. Read this webpage. Copy instructions, disconnect from mobile data. Login to router, remember which data to look for, save data to notes, disconnect from WiFi and reconnect mobile data, login to EE and paste reply from notes...... repeat whole process 4 times!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK, I'll keep it simple.

What do each of BB State and Internet State say? And are there downstream and upstream speeds? 

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

Current DSL status = UP

by bobski23 Contributor
Contributor

I’m not Cisco certified. I’m just a bloke with **bleep** internet. Your ‘keeping it simple’ is relative

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bobski23

I recommend speaking to our technical support team.

They will do their best to help you further.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.