by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

Broadband online - Internet Offline

Hi All, 

I'm aware there are plenty of topics on this particular issue but i swear i went through 'em all (or at least the majority of them) before posting.

Two days ago my internet went down all of the sudden (the terrible amber light on internet is flashing right in front of my eyes at the moment).

I'm fairly competent on this kind of issues so i've actually tried a couple of things before phoning ee:

- Reboot the rooter (yeah, right?)

- Logged into the rooter, checked status of connection, broadband is on, internet is off.

- Advanced settings i've noticed my username weirdly being readytoconnect@fs.

- Decided to give the wizard a shot, nothing changed

- Factory reset - Nothing changed

- Hard reset - Nothing changed.

Finally phoned EE asking for help, i've talked to three lovely chaps who actually did as much as they could, bless them i am not even upset, they're doing their job, and they're doing it well. Anyway one of them gave me the username to put into the fields.

Adding it didn't do much, so again:

- Wizard

- Factory Reset

Nothing. So he sent the issue to EE, and i've been informed it worked fine and i should have internet.

Got back home super excited and the damn red light was still there. I've called again and the other lovely chap told me that everything should be working fine (is not, of course).

He sent another request to EE and they'll probably send an engineer.

Problem is, i work from home after my office hours and being a web developer the struggle of not having internet is high (considering my house is a bunker and my phone 3g is not working fine).

tl;dr: internet not working, done pretty much anything in my power, please find me a magic solution!!

Anybody has any suggestion to make, and please don't tell me "wait for the technician to come" as that'll happen anyway.. maybe someone had same issues and he found another solution? Don't know, i'm actually desperate (what were people doing before the internet? can't work and i am actually bored as hell lol).

Thanks for anybody who will spend few minutes helping me out 🙂

19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Broadband online - Internet Offline

@riofriz wrote:

Anyway one of them gave me the username to put into the fields.

Did he also give you the pwd to go with it or could you work it out?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Sorry, i should have been more specific, yes he gave me username and password:

PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@fs

HQNPASS123456

Of course, with unique number at the end instead of 123456 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

How long you been with EE before all this happened?

When you put in your BB username & pwd did it remain as PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@fs or revert to readytoconnect@fs?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

I've been with EE for about a year, the username is still the same, even after restart, it did change back to readytoconnect when i did the factory reset and the wizard while i was on the phone with the operator, and i reverted it back to the actual username.

Log conent is:

00:24:58, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:53, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:48, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:43, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:38, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:33, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:28, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI
00:24:23, 01 Jan. PPP: Sending PADI

Of course the time and date don't work, but i've seen in a couple of posts that is common, so i didn't bother too much about it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are BB connected to the exchange but EE have removed or lost your creds on their CHAPS authentication server so as to not allow you on to the wider Net. You need to contact CS to put them back.

Date/Time won't work until you are on the Net & connected to a time server.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just a thought, were there 6 unique numbers? Mine has more.

EE should be able to see and let you know if your username and password are being received or not.

by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, that's what i thought, even tho everyone of those guys said that i'm actually allowed and i shouldn't have problems..

@XRaySpeX wrote:

You need to contact CS to put them back.

Sorry the ignorance, CS? Is it an external company? 

Also yeah, i guessed that i needed to be online to get the time, but you'd assume you can also set it up lol

Thanks for all the information, you're helping a lot, especially as you're keeping my hopes high ahah

Just a thought, were there 6 unique numbers? Mine has more.

Yeah, they were actually more than 6, but i've seen it written in this format on other posts 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

CS = Customer Support (of EE).

by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

Oh.. lol feel stupid now! 

Thanks, will call again tomorrow and suggest to check their list again, will update here in case i have news 🙂

thanks man, you've been very supportive and incredibly quick in reply..

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @riofriz

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Glad you got the support you needed from the community.

by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

Hi, little update:

I've called EE customer support again, to double check the status of my support ticket, it was actually being done and everything should be fine (is not, of course).

So finally a lovely lady agreed that i need an engineer.

Tomorrow morning the engineer should come to my house and try to fix things, i'll let you know.

Tho, 4th day without the internet, tomorrow will be the 5th, i'm really struggling as, like i said earlier, i am a web developer and i'm in the middle of a fairly big project.

by

Hello @riofriz

Thanks for the update.

I can very much understand.

Let us know how the engineer goes tomorrow.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If it's what I think it is, an eng. visit will be of no use. EE configure the auth. server from their own consoles. Or it might be a faulty router for which, again, it is up to EE to replace.

by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

No sign of the engineer yet.

Anyway i agree with you, but i can't do nothing about it. Which is incredibly frustrating!!

They keep telling me that i'm authorised and everything on their end is fine, i've called numerous time as you can imagine. 

It could be a faulty router, but then again, everything aside from the internet seems fine, how could it be faulty surely if it was broken the broadband wouldn't work, right? 

Anyway i'll keep you posted, hopefully the guy shows up or is gonna be a problem as i won't be home until tuesday. This is getting ridicoulus by the way.

Cheers for the support 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The BB is handled by the modem part; auth. is done by the router part.

by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

So, yesterday the engineer didn't show up (which is ridiculous as I had to take a previous half day off for this) called customer support and there was a status update from the engineer, but was incomplete. I was actually furious.

Left home yesterday night as I am spending the weekend away and today I received a call. Apparently is an external job and the problem is (of course) in the exchange. I have been told that when I'm back on Monday everything should work fine,  hope is the case..

Please leave the topic open until then so I can also post a last update explaining what they did to fix it (as they'll call me when is done) and help whoever will be in my same situation in the future.

Thanks again for the support 🙂

by

Thanks for the update @riofriz

James

by riofriz Investigator
Investigator

Last update (hopefully).

Friday was so stressful, the engineer didn't come and i had to go away in wales for 3 days, so i was sure the internet would still be off until i was gonna be back.

Finally good news happened on the saturday morning, when one of the guys i spoke to in the customer support finally got back to me and explained in fully the situation.

It was (of course) an external problem so the engineer fixed it over the weekend without the need of me being home.

Today i got back and my internet is back. Meh this was a long one.

Thanks everybody for the support,

Hopefully this won't happen again 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @riofriz 

Glad you are now back up and running 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.