by Mikmik1 Investigator
Investigator

Broadband not working after activation date

My broadband is still not working after my activation date and if I've tried switching my smart hub on and off so don't give that suggestion. I have called in and they said that I have an external fault and an engineer will come in to fix it and I don't have to be home when they come in. Fast forward to today 3 days after my activation date and the engineer that was meant to come in calls me saying he needs access to my property but I was not there as I was not told about the time they are coming in and customer service said I didn't have to be there. So my broadband was not fixed. Now I tried setting an appointment and the earliest day they could give me is in 5 days. The only times an engineer could come in as well are in the weekdays where I can't be home and they don't even do weekends. I can't believe how much of a joke EE is. I should have believed other people when I read their posts. Useless!!!

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Broadband not working after activation date

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

It would be the same from most other ISPs. EE need to get BT Openreach out to fix any line faults & they are heavily booked up.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB? How long has this been happening?

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names & numbers in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mikmik1 Investigator
Investigator

I've only just joined EE BB and I regret doing so. I'm using the SmartHub and it's a week now since my supposedly 'activation day'

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mikmik1

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that your broadband isn't active yet.

Have you spoken to our broadband team?

Chris

by Mikmik1 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I have. Unfortunately there is only so much they could do and I still have to wait for ages to get my internet

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.