by Lealouxoxo Investigator
Investigator

Broadband is saying connected but I've not internet service.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Broadband is saying connected but I've not internet service.

@Lealouxoxo : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB?

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names & numbers in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Lealouxoxo Investigator
Investigator

Broadband says connected but no internet, I've reset the router etc.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Broadband says connected but no internet, I've reset the router etc.

@Lealouxoxo , You need to reply to all the questions @XRaySpeX  has asked you, otherwise no one can help you. You need to see if you get a dial tone and dial the number given here in the thread above. If you do not have a landline phone, you can get a cheap corded one to check the line, always handy to have if there is a problem anyway, even if you do not want to use the landline for making and receiving calls.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.