Broadband changeover

We are currently with BT in my husbands name.  We now wish to change to EE and put in my name.  Will EE do the changeover/transfer for us, or will we have to cancel BT ourselves before joining EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Broadband changeover

Apply to EE and they will do everything except pay your final bill. Don't talk to BT at all. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
EE Community Support Team

Re: Broadband changeover

Hi there @Pointerdog


Thanks for coming to the community and for joining EE Broadband 🙂


I can see @XRaySpeX has helped you with your query.


You can also see our Help page Switching to EE Broadband


Let us know if you have any questions.



Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.