by Yoyogi85 Contributor
Contributor

Brightbox 2 connection issues

Hi,

hopefully I can find some clarity to my problem in here, basically router is saying it is connected to the internet, I've checked the router itself and all the lights are green and I've logged into the router and it is showing an active connection, but as far as loading anything goes nothing happens. Can anybody please shine a light on this issue?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
by Blacknight66 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Brightbox 2 connection issues

The same thing is happening to me. It's really annoying

by Yoyogi85 Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how long it's been like it but I only noticed it when I went to play a game on my PlayStation and it said it couldn't connect to the PlayStation server! This is the first time this has happened so hopefully it's just some maintenance or something.

Investigator

That is exactly what happened to me mate

by Yoyogi85 Contributor
Contributor

Fingers crossed it's all sorted by the morning I'll post in here if anything changes.

by andymo1 Investigator
Investigator

dns servers are down. looks like nationwide and i guess EE are working on it. you can set your dns server in your network connection to 8.8.8.8 (googles dns) as a workaround until EE fix things

by Yoyogi85 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response I did wonder if something was down as this is the first time I've had something like this happen, hopefully it all gets sorted soon

Investigator

How would I change the dns to 8.8.8.8

by andymo1 Investigator
Investigator

on a pc using windows 7 i go to network and sharing center, then click adapter settings at the top left then the properties button, then double click "internet protocol tcp/ip v4" and finally there you have an option that says preferred dns server that you can fill in. 

I set the primary ip address (the first line) to the address of my router (default is 192.168.1.1  i think) and the second line to 8.8.8.8. 

sorry if this is confusing. 

otherwise  if this is taking a while to get fixed, or you've got multiple devices then as a last resort you could log into the router and go to advanced and change the option for DNS IP address instead of "obtain from isp" to "manual" and then fill in 8.8.8.8  BUT .. you have to remember to change it back when things are fixed and it's not good from a security aspect i believe. 

Investigator

I'm a little confused but I appreciate the help. I'll just wait and hope it's fixed soon but if not then I'll wait until tomorrow. I wish everyone luck. 😀

by andymo1 Investigator
Investigator

i reckon there will be a lot of people complaining and a few stressed out IT engineers on the case. If youre not comfortable changing the settings and can wait, then it seems a smart move to let EE sort things. 

All the best

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@andymo1 wrote:

BUT .. you have to remember to change it back when things are fixed

Why bother? It's probably more reliable & you don't want this to keep happening.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by andymo1 Investigator
Investigator

fair comment XRaySpeX

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning to you all.

We're aware of an issue affecting broadband services this morning - we're working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Can you try turning the power off and on and seeing if this resolves this for you? As this has worked for some users.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Yoyogi85 Contributor
Contributor

Mine is up and running again, sometimes the best thing to do is just to leave it and hope for the best.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.