by Aid45 Investigator
Investigator

Bright Box 2 design flaw?

I have now connected my broadband, and have three ethernet cabes plugged in, but the cables get in the way of the 'stand' at the back!

To keep the cables as straight as possible they are positioned underneath the stand, so the stand is not even being used, it is just possibe to place the cables above the stand, but they are not straight and I beleive the cable connectors could eventually break over time, even if you did leave the cables above the stand there is still one that does not go over the stand (port 1 and port 4) and the cable pretty much acts as the stand.

I have had to use blu-tac to keep the router in place. Does anyone else have this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Re: Bright Box 2 design flaw?

Just bend the cable a little, they are quite flexible, no need to keep them straight.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aid45,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

I haven't had this particular issue, is the stand aligned correctly?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, I find that too. I have to bend the cable to port 4, the fast 1, to get it over the foot of the stand. It's OK after that if you leave it alone. There is no problem with port 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Just bend the cable a little, they are quite flexible, no need to keep them straight.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.