Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Blacklisted IP addresses

I am having problems and receiving regular Google message - "unusual traffic from your IP address... " which requests Capture verification each time.

Problem continues after resetting the router to obtain a fresh dynamic IP from EE. Seems I am being handed out already-blacklisted IP addresses from EE. How is this possible, and what can I do to stop it please?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Blacklisted IP addresses

@andyw23 : What are you doing when this happens? Is this when you are using GMail?

Is this on fixed Home BB or mobile? Which router do you have?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Not while using Gmail - just when using Google on Iphone, or PC. Doesn't happen every time. For example, right now my PC is not giving the message but my iphone is. Other iphone is not currently having the error, but often does.

I am not having issues with Netflix, mail services, etc.

When I restart the router, it gives a new IP address... which seems to be blacklisted each time... Could this be a cause?

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I have a data sim, which is being used with a 4g router.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's unlikely or a load of other users would be complaining. Cuz of EE mobile network employing CGNAT you share your public IP with others.

Show me one of these blacklisted IPs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

It is continuing to come up as CBL and Spamhaus Zen. And even when I reset the router and get a "fresh" IP, it is blacklisted - seemingly immediately.

I have kaspersky internet security running... Not using a VPN... Have qustodio running on a kids machine.

Right now, it is giving me the message only on one Iphone, but it changes and comes up regularly on 2 iphones, and a PC.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

I seem to remember somebody having this issue with an AV installed. Try disabling Kasparsky. 

Highlighted
by
Visitor

I’ve also been having this issue for the last 3-4 days Only in the evenings on my iPad with a data plan, no VPN, no other new apps installed for weeks. So it must be an EE issue 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried disabling Kasparsky as I suggested? They may have updated something.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Right... I will disable AV and also the kids Qustudio - which is apparently a form of VPN. But all machines have had Kaspersky and Qustudio running for ages, and has not cause the issue before.. 

I'll let you know how I get along in a day...

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions