Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT WiFi Hotspot Access

pjj
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All

I am an EE Mobile and Broadband customer and wondered that as EE and BT have now merged, do we get free access to the BT Wifi Hotspots. There are millions of them around and it would be useful to benefit from this partnership as existing customers.

Many thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pjj   BT and EE didn’t merge BT purchased EE and they are 2 different companies.

But to answer your question your question please read THIS.  

other than that you need to purchase access to use it. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pjj   BT and EE didn’t merge BT purchased EE and they are 2 different companies.

But to answer your question your question please read THIS.  

other than that you need to purchase access to use it. 

Many thanks Chris_B, appreciate your help.

@pjj   No problem. 👍

JohnReadingUk
Visitor

Based on on other answers here (in particular relating to BT WiFi and EE being separate, distinct companies, even though under the same ultimate ownership) and my own lack of success in finding a successful method for this, I'm thinking it's a disappointing but hard "Nope, sorry!"

Ken9999
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I am a long standing user of EE mobile and Broadband. My account was due for renewal and I asked this very question. the response was "no, currently not. But it is likely to be".  You can take this any way you wish. But what I opted for was a better deal on my data, therefor not having to worry too much about WiFi. And I Succeeded!

Many thanks Ken9999

rbs_gb
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't see how at the moment they could offer all EE customers free BT WiFi. At home, my neighbour pays for BT Broadband internet access and their router offers "BT Wifi". I'm a mobile EE customer, so if I had free access to BT WiFi I could use my neighbours internet connection and cancel my own home broadband (on the assumption I could live with the slow speed and low bandwidth!)

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@rbs_gb  Except you don't have free access but a BT Moblie customer would have.

Not quiet how it works. It will give you access to Wi-Fi yes but if your neighbours decides to opt out of being a hotspotter then you won't have any Wi-Fi at all and that could lead to an awkward conversation. Also on Wi,Fi speeds are not guaranteed because of a number of factors mainly distance from device in home set up/issues, distance from hub to device and device limitations. Not as clear cut as it may look.