by b1azza Investigator
Investigator

Asus N66u router setup problems

Hello. Could someone help please. I'm trying to setup my own router (Asus N66u) and just cannot get it to connect. I've searched everywhere on the net and just cannot get it to connect. Could someone help me please.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Asus N66u router setup problems

Do you have EE Fibre or EE Fibre Max?

Is it the ASUS RT-N66U or the DSL-N66U?

• The RT-N66U does not contain a modem & so cannot replace the EE router w/out a separate modem unless you have EE Fibre Max.
  • The DSL-N66U does contain a VDSL/ADSL modem & so can replace the EE router for EE Fibre & Fibre Plus.

In Home Broadband settings you'll find almost everything you need to set up your own router. What's missing for Fibre is:

• VLAN ID = 101
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by b1azza Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply. I have the RT N 66U router. I have a seperate modem, and have tried everything but still no luck. Maybe i am missing some simple setting?

by b1azza Investigator
Investigator

I also have the EE fibre

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @b1azza

Thanks for coming here.

Have you tried following our What are my home broadband internet settings? as @XRaySpeX has advised?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by b1azza Investigator
Investigator

I have managed to get it working by using my EE router as a bridge(i think lol) i just used a lan cable going from my ee router to my asus router, and can now use my Asus router to control who uses the internet in my household. Thanks for the replies.

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem @b1azza

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.