by Fjrinoz
Explorer

As ee can’t provide fibre and BT can, can I order BT infinity with no exit fee

I have Ee standard broadband and home phone, I renewed my contract last year on the understanding that fttp would be available before Christmas 2017. I no know ee will not do fttp. They are unable to provide fibre in any form at my address, my neighbours all have BT infinity fttp. Can I change without penalty as ee is now part of BT?

16 REPLIES 16
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: As ee can’t provide fibre and BT can, can I order BT infinity with no exit f

No sorry, BT Broadband and EE Broadband are different brands still run separately.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: As ee can’t provide fibre and BT can, can I order BT infinity with no exit f

EE have never done FTTP, only FTTC, & probably never will. If the only Fibre BT can provide is FTTP then there no way EE can match them.

Why should you be able to leave EE w/out early termination fees just cuz of your false understanding? It was easy for you to find out authoritatively just what fibre you could get at your address & whether EE could provide it.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Fjrinoz
Explorer

Because BT and EE are the Same company, that is why.

Sent from my iPad
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

However they operate as separate service providers, BT Group also include Plus Net - all to do with the delightful people at Ofcom, they are forced to operate that way. 

That said, how much are your cancelation fees likley to be? How long will it take BT to provide FTTP? How important is it that you keep your phone number?

Were it me, those are the things you should be asking - migrating from ADSL to FTTP is not likley to be seemless, so running both services may be required for a while.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Fjrinoz wrote:
Because BT and EE are the Same company, that is why.

No, BT Retail, who is the ISP providing BB products, & EE are separate entities. They may belong to the same BT Group but are operated separately. Plusnet is also part of the BT Group but also operates as a separate ISP. They too, like EE, do not provide FTTP, only FTTC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeXPlus Net do provide a FTTP service, sorry your information is wrong - that said, it is only available to existing Plus Net customers - so you you would have to sign up to ADSL, then move over to FTTP is it became available.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustrum: Yes, but only as a trial by invitation to existing custs.

Terms and Conditions for the Fibre to the Premises Trial - Plusnet

The FTTP Trial is only open to existing Plusnet Customers who are subscribed to a Plusnet Fibre Broadband product.

which is rare for a cab. to have both FTTC & FTTP.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeX  why mention FTTC?

As per my previous post, current PN customers can apply for FTTP if and when its available, so the OP could take ADSL from PN, and apply for the FTTP service once its working.

PS, its not by invitation, customers can select the service if and when its available as shown on the DSL Checker.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustrum wrote:

why mention FTTC?

As PN T&Cs say:

The FTTP Trial is only open to existing Plusnet Customers who are subscribed to a Plusnet Fibre Broadband product.

Do you know of any other Fibre BB product that is not FTTC? If I've missed hearing of it, perhaps you will enlighten me. It therefore follows from the T&Cs that you need to be already on FTTC to apply for FTTP.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

No idea where you got that info from, you need to be a PN customer to get into the http://trials.plus.net site, that said, I am only aware of one customer on the trial who had FTTC available to them - all the others are/were ADSL customers.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustrum: I posted a link into PN's T&Cs. That's where!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeXNo, you did not post a link, you posted a quote - but without any valid proof it came from any valid PN or any other site.

This link from PN  should be available to anyone who wants to look at the PN FTTP service/trial and will be able to see how many existing FTTC customers moved. 

Really not sure why you continue to post misinformation, what are you trying to point out?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Read carefully again, @Mustrum. I posted both a link & a quote from the self same link. What is the mauve words in https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/As-ee-can-t-provide-fibre-and-BT-can-can-I-order-... but a link into PN site?

NM, all this stuff about PN is not helping the OP & was only there to illustrate that BT Retail & EE are separate companies..

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Only now is your link available - no doubt something to do with mods realeasing it or something. Whatever, existing PN ADSL customers can and do take up FTTC services when they are available to them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

TEST: Please ignore - this was under test

As far as I know links are not moderated, only images.

It's a interesting thought. I shall test it.

Here is a NEW link: Fixed: FTTP upgrade - Plusnet Community

Testing completed. @Mustrum: The above link is visible & operative immediately to any member of this Community.

OIC: You want it to be some entirely diff link? OK let's do it!

@Mustrum: Even that new link is visible & operative immediately to any member of this Community.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: TEST: Please ignore - this is under test

Guessing now the link has been approved it now is on to be available. Anyways, from the link:

"We will provide the FTTP Service at the address where you receive your Usual Plusnet Service. You cannot opt to have the FTTP Service set up at a different address (unless we specifically agree otherwise). The FTTP Trial is only open to existing Plusnet Customers and participation in the trial cannot be assigned or transferred to others (even if the other person is also a Plusnet customer)."

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.