by stujam Investigator
Investigator

Amazon Firestick on EE Smart Hub internet issue

Hello!

I have had an Amazon FireTV Stick for a couple of days and it connected to my EE Smart Hub without a problem, until yesterday where it seemed to be unable to connect to the internet.  The wifi connection was fine but it would not access the internet.

I spent the night following instruction from EE and Amazon websites telling me to restart router, restart Firestick etc but nothing worked.  I can connect the Firestick via my mobile hotspot without any issues, the issue is definately between the EE Smart Hub and the Firestick.  It seems the router is not allowing that device to connect to the internet.

Anyone had this issue?  All other devices are fine through the Smart Hub.  Perhaps it's a problem with Amazon AMS (so I've read)...

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Amazon Firestick on EE Smart Hub internet issue

Yes, it's probably the current issue with EE & AWS of which you've read. I haven't yet caught up with the state of that issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @stujam

Welcome to the community. 

Please can you reattempt this action when possible and let me know the outcome. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It looks like from the experience of other users that the issue with AWS has been fixed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Re: Connecting firestick to 4g ee wifi mini

Hi I have had the same problem with my firestick TV which until 2 days ago was running fine on an EE 4G sim card in a Huawei router. I spoke to Amazon which found this on their system

"If you are an EE network customer, you may have noticed issues with their network, which would have prevented full use of your Amazon devices on 6 February 2019.

We understand that this is an issue with their network so please contact EE for assistance with the issue. We're unable to determine when the issue will be resolved but it is being looking into from their end.

Once again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sounds like an "over to you EE" message from Amazon. Any help would be greatly appreciated as our 4G wifi is with you guys. All our other devices work ok on our wif network.  Thanks

by stujam Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie

I will set the Firestick up again later and try again.  I took it to another address today and used their internet connection / router and it worked fine, away from EE.

I'll let you know, thank you!

Stu

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Wantedd, this is being encountered with Firesticks over both the EE Home BB network & the EE mobile network. By all accounts it now seems to be working.

by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @XRaySpeX do you know if it was a short term glitch? (I tried it again this morning to no avail) Iwill try again this evening

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wantedd: I only know what you see on these forums. I'm just a user like you. Most users reporting back today report it is now working for them. As far as I can see you are the only 1 reporting that it isn't.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @Wantedd

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with connecting your fire stick.

When was the last time you tried connecting?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂 

by stujam Investigator
Investigator

Hello all

i have tried my Amazon FireTV tonight on my EE Smart Hub and all seems to work well again, which is a relief!

Thanks for your comments and I’ll report back if issue occurs again, very strange though and would be interested to know if anyone actually knows what happened and who’s systems were at fault.

Cheers for now!

Stu ✌️

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

No idea! Does seem strange as it appears confined to both EE networks, which in themselves are entirely separate & unlike, & no other networks. It also appears to only affect AWS hosted sites. I know that EE buys hosting from AWS & I do wonder if EE hadn't paid their dues. Amazon stated that they are aware of the issue & that EE were sorting it out from their end. Of course Amazon wouldn't make public any break-down of contractual arrangements between the parties. <=== Pure surmise Smiley Wink.

Highlighted
by Wantedd Investigator
Investigator

Read more

Hi Katie strangest thing plugged into same TV late last night and connected to internet first time. I changed nothing and went through exact same process. Can’t help but feel the call to EE helped yesterday afraid I’m none the wiser to whole experience..

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.