by Carpman1 Investigator
Investigator

5gb data

Hi. Ordered ee bb & home phone on 7th June and during process was assured on more than 1 ocassion by Kyle that my free 5gb of mobile data would be active before 8th July (day I go abroad for 2 weeks). On further reading it states that this is activated within 30 days of activation (22 june).

Is this correct or is activation the order date ??

Very annoyed if data isn't available by the time I depart after being assured it would be....

Cheers

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 5gb data

It is indeed 30 days from the activation date:

The boost will be applied to your mobile account up to 30 days after your EE broadband service goes live. We’ll send you a text message to let you know when your data allowance has been boosted.

You'd find this in the T&Cs had you looked. Never go by what they tell you w/out 1st confirming it from EE's written documentation. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

It is indeed 30 days from the activation date:

The boost will be applied to your mobile account up to 30 days after your EE broadband service goes live. We’ll send you a text message to let you know when your data allowance has been boosted.

You'd find this in the T&Cs had you looked. Never go by what they tell you w/out 1st confirming it from EE's written documentation. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Carpman1 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you.

So I am within my rights to complain to ee tomorow after being misled?

I understand calls are recorded so hopefully they will be able to confirm the incorrect info I was given when placing my order ?

by Carpman1 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you.

So I am within my rights to complain to ee tomorow after being misled?

I did clarify wHethersett it was from live date or order and was assured it would be applied before 8th July.

I understand calls are recorded so hopefully they will be able to confirm the incorrect info I was given when placing my order ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's your privilege but I bet they deny it.

Calls are only recorded for training purposes, not as evidence.

by Carpman1 Investigator
Investigator

That's disappointing to say the least !!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Carpman1

It can take up to 30 days to be applied to your account but it's normally added sooner.

If you give customer services a quick call they'll be able to check your account.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Carpman1 Investigator
Investigator

All sorted. Called them up and as if by magic....!!
Many thanks
by
EE Employee

Fab! Smiley Happy

Happy to hear it's all sorted.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.