by t3rm3y Investigator
Investigator

4g home broadband

We live in an area of slow ADSL. No fttc available. Recently ee upgraded network to 4g so plusnet is available. Because the family use xbox games and need to download a lot and we all stream TV and do downloads for work how can I get unlimited 4g data? As I see it there is no physical item being down/up loaded, it's all packets so why is there such low limits at present for 4g?

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: 4g home broadband

EE doesn't do an unlimited data plan.

Mobile networks are 'Los on data due to not really needing that much.

My account I use around 6Gb a month. 

My wife around the same.

My sister in law 500Mb.

Unlimited sounds good but it's expensive if you do the maths compared what is actually used.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by t3rm3y Investigator
Investigator

The problem is 1x Xbox game is 40+GB them with the monthly service you get to download 4 games free. It's massive amounts of data. That's not including any other downloading for streaming or work. 

And without 4g/fibre current ADSL speeds are too slow. It takes days to download 1 thing.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Only network that's truly unlimited is Three.

But you won't get the same speeds you get on EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by t3rm3y Investigator
Investigator

Thanks. Not sure if three works in this area. Have ordered a sim. Also don't believe they do unlimited tethering. Not sure what they offer as 4g broadband.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All data comes in packets. Nothing is physical; it's all digital content!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @t3rm3y the maximum data option EE does is 32gb for data only plans:

http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-data

You may be able to double this up to 64gb after a couple of months through customer service. It is not possible to get a higher allowance than 64gb through EE SIM only. There is no tethering limit on EE you can tether using as much of your UK data allowances as you want. If you run out you will be directed to the add on page where you can purchase more to last until your next bill:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

The 4G Home router comes with plans that include up to 100gb and they are the maximum data allowances you can get on EE at the moment. Again if you run out of data you can add more throughout the month. :):

http://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/4g-home-broadband/details

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.