by gbdavid Established Contributor
Established Contributor

4GEE Home Router (2018) connecting to personal router

Hello,

I suppose that the 4GEE Home router (2018 model) has at least one ehternet cable for a wired connection? If it does, is it possible to set it up so that it's wireless broadcasting is disabled and all the traffic goes through the ethernet cable only (say to a personal router - netgear/linksys/cisco etc.. that will be the main router at home)?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4GEE Home Router (2018) connecting to personal router

It does have 1 Ethernet port which could be connected to another router. Dunno if WiFi can be disabled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @gbdavid

Thanks for coming to the community.

Our 4GEE Home Router Help page for internet and connections may help you see what settings can be changed.

Leanne.

by gbdavid Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry @Leanne_T but the instructions don't have much detail. They are also outdated (referring to the interface and options of the older model from 2016). I was hoping that someone that already tried to do this could reply to my post, as it is something that unfortunately is not documented yet by EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You'd think someone in EE could take a peek.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @gbdavid

I've sent a message to our device team to ask if they know that it's possible.

I'll be back in touch once I have an answer.

Thanks

Chris

by

Hi @gbdavid

It should be possible to turn off WiFi.

Please type 192.168.1.1 into your browser. You should then be given the options to turn off Wi-fi.

You may have to keep one Wi-Fi channel on but, you can turn off broadcast SSID which would make the network undiscoverable.

Hope this helps.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.