by STA19
Explorer

4G wifi to fibre

I took out 4G router wifi contract with EE as broadband speeds were so rubbish.  When I took the contract out I was told by EE customer services that when BT Open Reach have installed fibre on the housing estate I could simply switch from 4G to fibre with EE.  Good, I thought, I'm loyal, have had problems with BT in the past and have a mobile with EE.  Win win!  However, fibre is now in and EE150 tell me that I can't move to fibre with EE but that I have to go with the small list of providers on the BT fibre website because the fibre is ultrafast.  So my only choice now is to pay off the 12 months of remaining 4G contract!!  Spitting feathers does not get anywhere near explaining my frustration!  I would not have taken out the 4G router contract if I couldn't have simply switched to fibre during the contract!   I was about to upgrade my mobile with EE but if EE can't help me out on this I'm off and they'll lose a customer for life (I bear grudges!).  Any solutions out there anyone?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G wifi to fibre

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by STA19
Explorer

Thanks for replying.  Here it is.  I don't have a landline phone number.  This reply window wouldn't let me post a snapshot of the table and it has removed some of the HTML in the reproduced version below but hopefully you get the gist.

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability DateFTTP Install ProcessADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Other Offerings

Availability Date
WBC FTTPUp to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available-- 
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available-- 
VDSL Multicast------Available-- 
ADSL Multicast------Available-- 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Proven Clear.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE told you correctly. The only Fibre there is FTTP (Premises). EE only sell FTTC (Cab) .

You might get FTTP from BT. Try filling out Broadband Availability | BT - BT.com .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.