by Justme1991
Explorer

24x7 emergency broadband outage number?

Does anyone happen to know a 24x7 fault number for EE broadband?

I'm currently on the highest tariff provided by EE for fibre and this is the second time within a month that their service has dropped.

The first time there was an issue with their DNS servers, and it appears that this time, their broadband login servers are down.

I've tried to call and they just tell me that their offices are shut.

I've used sky, virgin, Vodafone, O2 and BT broadband before, and there has always been a way to raise an issue to someone at night and early morning.

I work from home most nights and this is causing me no end of issues at the moment, but when the issues happen, I have no one to speak to 😞

I hope one of you can help me.

Thanks 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 24x7 emergency broadband outage number?

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

There are none! Only the standard hours nos. in my sig.

How do you know that their broadband login servers are down? What are the symptoms?

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by lynnew5
Visitor

do yourself a favour and change broadband users now. EE are nothing but backstabbing cheaters. they say they are the best but clearly not. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

There are none! Only the standard hours nos. in my sig.

How do you know that their broadband login servers are down? What are the symptoms?

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Justme1991
Explorer

I know that the DNS servers were down at the beginning of the month as there was no name resolution from my Brightbox 2 to the internet. Moving this to Google DNS corrected this and allowed me access to the network once more.

The Fibre login systems were down this morning as I was able to run line tests from my phone line to the exchange using the BT testing systems, which showed no issues. I could also make and receive calls on my landline, with no other issues.

I have a neighbour who also uses EE fibre, and they had the same issue at the same time this morning. However the BT line that comes into my house for my housemates was up and running at this time.

This leads me to the conclusion that only EE had an outage this morning and as the brightbox 2 was showing errors of "unable to authenticate" and "authentication failed", this provides further evidence that the EE broadband login servers were down this morning.

I am rather disappointed that a large company such as EE is unwilling to provide a 24x7 emergency contact number for broadband faults, as us customers are unable to raise the faults overnight and this therefore delays the resolution of the issue.

I have had the broadband in place for almost 3 years now, and I am getting rather disappointed in the service that EE is providing as there is no way for us to raise any faults outside of standard business hours.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Justme1991

I am very sorry we don't have 24 hour broadband customer service.

Have you spoken to our broadband team today to get this looked into?

Thanks, Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.