by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

1571 - different to BT? Voicemail?

Hi,

Just about had it with BT broadband and as soon as my contract ends I was thinking of moving to EE Broadband incl landline phone. I am also an EE Pay Monthly customer.

I see from the forums that there have been almost no requests for help regarding voicemail.

Is it still the case that you CANNOT call your landline voicemail from another phone?

Can you personalize it yet?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 1571 - different to BT? Voicemail?

It's much the same as BT's except it's free BUT you cannot call it from another phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @svanetempest

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @XRaySpeX has advised you here already.

You can find more information about EE Landline features on our Home Phone features with EE help page.

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks for replies.

I understand about not being able to call the voicemail service from a mobile.

Does it also mean that, like BT, you can or cannot call your home phone and press * when the answerphone message starts?

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's just another way of asking whether you can call your landline VM from another phone. As I told you earlier, you can't.

Sorry – it's only possible to call the 1571 voicemail number from your phone at home, not your mobile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.