by brooks55 Investigator
Investigator

£100 on MasterCard and £115 on topcashback for signing up

I have ordered broadband last Thursday, because of the offers available at the time.

Two current issues.....

1.  EE offered topcashback customers £115 for signing up to fibre broadband & phone contract. Then after signing up they have only given me £50. EE have since changed their offer to £50 but at the time it was £115. This is very sly on behalf of EE..... Why will EE not keep to their part of the deal? 

2.  There is no mention anywhere in all my welcome emails of the £100 MasterCard I am due to receive as part of this deal. Do EE not mention this anywhere in the hope that some customers just don't know how to claim or in the hope that some customers just forget about this altogether? Again I feel very sly and very shady business practices from EE.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: £100 on MasterCard and £115 on topcashback for signing up

2. You may claim the Mastercard after you've paid your 2nd BB bill. You'll find all about it in EE Reward Card T&Cs incl. an email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by brooks55 Investigator
Investigator

I know that.

That wasn't my question.

I asked why they don't mention it at all in any of their emails to me. After I placed my order I have received 4 emails from EE detailing every piece of information possible, apart from the £100 reward, which they have not mentioned at all. 

The reason this is so important, is that after the second bill is paid and the person tries to claim, they could easily be told by EE that they do not qualify for the reward (for whatever reason) and the claimant would have nothing to show in response. 

It would be the customers word against EE. The customer would say it was part of the deal and EE would likely claim that it was outside the date of the offer or whatever other reason. The customer would have absolutely no proof, because EE do not refer to it anywhere at all in any of the order confirmation emails.

Thanks for your swift reply anyway, it is appreciated.

Maybe someone from EE could give some firm confirmation either way. 

And also, someone somewhere in EE may be able to reply to my first question, addressing why they offered £115 cashback but then retrospectively only want to pay out £50 

thanks again 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

2. If EE never mentioned it, how do you know you are eligible for it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by brooks55 Investigator
Investigator

I will make this as simple as possible.....

1.  EE offer = Sign-up by 14/10/17 and receive £100 prepaid MasterCard. Also, sign-up via topcashback and get £115 cashback. 

2.  I take up the above offer on 12/10/17 (within the offer date) 

3.  Confirmation of sign-up from EE details everything, apart from any information about £100 prepaid MasterCard. EE also only award £50 of the promised £115 for signing up via topcashback. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

2. Then you'll have to wait to receive a claim email after you paid your 2nd BB bill & if you don't you'll need to call the EE Reward Team on 0800 587 2297.

There is no talk of receiving any earlier communication.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @brooks55,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I can see @XRaySpeX has already given you information on how to claim your reward card.

Any queries about cashback would need to be directed to the cashback site that offered the promotion.

Thanks

James

by brooks55 Investigator
Investigator

Hi James

Im not entirely convinced you even read my questions 

1.  As I've already mentioned, since signing up there has been no further details from EE about the £100 MasterCard. Who from EE can give me confirmation of this? 

Please don't reply again by saying that I have to contact them after my second bill. I know that already. That isn't my question.

I need some confirmation so when I apply for this in two months time, I have some confirmation of my entitlement for this. 

2.  My second query isn't with topcashback. It is with EE.

EE offered £115 for signing-up via topcashback. After signing up, EE then only paid £50 instead of their promised £115. Someone from EE (whoever from EE is responsible for allocating cashback) has incorrectly awarded only £50. I'm sure this isn't your expertise James, but I would to know from someone in EE who does know about this. And to avoid confusion, this is not a query for the cashback website. Please do not direct me again back to them. EE have made this error to only award £50 and that error has nothing to do with the cashback website. 

Please read my questions clearly James. And I would like something a bit clearer than a generic 5 seconds standard response. 

And if @XRaySpeX replies immediately I would still like a direct response answering my questions from you, or someone at EE, and not just sending me a message saying "I can see that @XRaySpeX has responded" 

Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. I still say that there is nowt to lead you to expect any further details from EE about the Mastercard offer before the 2nd BB bill is paid. You have the T&Cs.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @brooks55,

I've clarified my answers with a little more detail below.

1. You won't receive your reward card claims email until your second bill has been paid. It's an automatic process for anyone who orders during the promotional period. No other confirmation is required. More information about the offer available here >
  2. Cashback is not provided by EE directly and any queries must be raised via your TopCashback account.

Hope this helps.

James

by brooks55 Investigator
Investigator

James,

1.  Could you, or someone from EE, just confirm that I did indeed order within the promotional period please? This is an extremely simple request that should take EE about 20 seconds to check and confirm.

2.  That is incorrect.

£50 cashback has already been provided by EE directly, so I'm not sure why you would think EE don't do this if they have done this already.  

EE have paid £50 instead of £115. I have absolutely no idea why you have convinced yourself that topcashback are able to do anything about this, other than you possibly don't want to go to the effort of sorting this out. 

These are two extremely simple questions that should have taken 2 minutes to sort and I'm still no further forward 24 hours later. 

Thanks 

A very frustrated EE customer 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. This user discussion forum cannot have any access to your specific a/c & therefore cannot confirm anything about your particular order. You will need to contact CS to seek that confirmation.

@brooks55 wrote:

£50 cashback has already been provided by EE directly

You sure that's not EE's pay-off for your termination fees from leaving your old ISP early? The amount is right.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

That is not the way that Top Cashback or other similar sites work. If you sign up through Top Cashback, it is them that will pay out, after EE confirm you have indeed signed up.

Which service did you sign up for, the offers available were different depending if it was fibre or ADSL.

In order to progress your questions, I suggest you share any documentation you have showing EE paid the £50, as quite simply its not the way these things work.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.