by JemaDarren Investigator
Investigator

1 Website Not Loading?

I have one website which will not load on my desktop, nor any other device which is connected to my home internet.  This is a website which was working on all devices, and has done so for a few weeks, but this morning has just stopped working.  It is not age restricted or inappropriate.

I have been trying to access it through safari on a Mac, iPad and iPhone all connected to my home wifi and none will connect to the website..  To trouble shoot, I installed Firefox on the Mac and it still would not load.

Other pages like Ebay, Youtube, BBC News, google etc all load with no problems, as has this thread so there does not seem to be an issue with my internet connection as such.  But for some reason my EE router is not allowing me to access this one site.

I disconnected from the home wifi and can access the site from 4g on the iPhone and by using a hotspot on the Mac so there is not a problem with the websites server.. 

Any ideas how to resolve this?  The website is my own business website, so I kind of HAVE to get access to it from home!

Many thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 1 Website Not Loading?

Which website? Which router?  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

Hi @JemaDarren 

Have you moved hosting, or checked your host isn't having issues? Have you asked someone on another ISP if they can view your site?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

www.thepostlady.co.uk

i have just spoken to customer services. There are no restrictions on my account. I can access it from 4g on my phone and my partner has turned his 4g ee phone into a hotspot and we can access it using that on all devices. But not from any device when using my wifi.

I have just reset the router.

Still nothing!

Investigator

Northerner all my customers can access the site and I can get onto it too as long as I’m not using my WiFi 

by Legend
Legend

Hi @JemaDarren 

Very strange as your site works on Sky as I've just checked. 

Have you tried a non Apple device on your network to establish if the site is accessable via your wifi?

As your problem is connected to all Apple products which are connected have you tried flushing your DNS on your Mac? Have you accidentally blocked the site on Safari? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @JemaDarren.

I see you've been given some brilliant help overnight already. Let us know if you're able to try @Northerner's latest suggestion.

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@JemaDarren , I have just tested it on my I-Pad with Firefox, and it came up ok, thought I would let you know, strange it has not worked for you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router are you using? It works OK over WiFi & Ethernet from my Brightbox 2 over EE BB. Can you try it over Ethernet?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.