by jlloydrees
Explorer

why is it taking so long to unlock my iphone?

I requested to have my iphone 6s unlocked on 21st December 2017 and am still waiting to be notified as to when it will be successfully unlocked. Why is it taking so long?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why is it taking so long to unlock my iphone?

@jlloydrees  Did you get this device from EE yourself?   If not is it 2nd hand or did you get it from a 3rd party retailer?   How did you request it to be unlocked?   Was it via the online form or by calling customer services? 

by jlloydrees
Explorer

I bought the handset from carphone warehouse and took out a 24 month contract with EE. I bought the phone and started the contract in June 2016. 

I completed the onlie request form and have recieved an email notifying me that I will get further notification on how to unlock the phone within 10 days. That email was sent to me on 21st December 2017 and I'm still yet to here anything..... becoming increasngly frustrating now.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jlloydrees  Have you tried putting a different network SIM card in the device?   If you want to try this use a O2 or Vodafone SIM card.    If it’s still not working you’ll need to call customer services about this and they will push this through as a priority.   And you are aware you’ll have to pay £8.99 as your still in contract 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jlloydrees,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you a private message to get some details so I can chase this up for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.