by arteip
Explorer

upgrading

I'm wondering how upgrades work. I just got a iPhone 7 Plus on a 24 months contract. If it happens that next year I want to change it for the new iPhone that's going to be released. I would go into a 24 months again, but would I lose everything that I paid on my 7 Plus? How would that work?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: upgrading

Hi @arteip,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

If you would prefer to upgrade your phone every 12 months we have a range of annual upgrade plans available.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You would need to pay off the remainder of the contract less VAT @ 16.7% to upgrade early. VAT is not due on termination fees.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
Solution

Hi @arteip,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

If you would prefer to upgrade your phone every 12 months we have a range of annual upgrade plans available.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

by JAMES4578 Investigator
Investigator

I'm due an upgrade (in fact for little while now), possibly interested in  upgrading to Iphone 7 from 5c. Know  technical issue at the moment but have previously searched the upgrades and some deals which I can see via for instance via USwitch or  phones4u  with EE don't seem to be available for existing customers. There is one which is roughly £60 cheaper overall for 2 year contract though £150 initial charge,another one would be more but better offer on Data. Just wish to know if any way of getting these deals, would I have to cancel and then take out another contract, possibly via another site even though it would still be with EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JAMES4578 With a 3rd party you’ll always get a better deal on a new contract than an upgrade. And just so you know EE will not price match.  But give customer services a call they might off you a better deal than what you see on EEs website.   

If it’s an upgrade with the 3rd party you’ll just continue as is but with a new device and a new tariff.

If it’s a new contract you will have to give notice on your old contract and if you want to keep your number you’ll need to port it to another network on payg to then port it back to the new contract account.

But call customer services before you do anything else you just might get what your after. 

Investigator

Ok thanks for the info Chris, may well be worth checking with EE before deciding what to do.

by

Hi @JAMES5478

Please do give us a call we will see what we can do for you 🙂

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Investigator

In the end I decided to accept a deal from EE for the iphone7 ,could not contact network in the event of any problems if purchased from 3rd party .  Did not quite get what I was looking for from Upgrades, however when I called cancellations I was offered a £5 reduction on the original quote and no upfront payment whereas it would've been £99 had I accepted previous offer. (deal is £32.99 p/m for 2GB of Data and unlimited texts/calls. ) Mobile will be arriving later today.

Highlighted
by

I'm so pleased to hear that you are staying with us @JAMES4578

Thank you for posting again.

If you need any help setting it up, you know where to come.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.