by Heartandsoul Investigator
Investigator

unable to use phone or upgrade

I reported my mobile phone as lost last Sunday 24/9/17. As I was due an upgrade I went into my local shop twice in the week and was unable to upgrade phone being lost. they activated me a new sim and was told it would take 24 hrs to reactivate my account (twice). On Thursday I phoned customer services to be told the same response again. In the meantime I have retrieved my mobile phone as it had been found somewhere. Yesterday I tried to use the new sim they had sent me unsuccessfully. A further call to customer services told me the phone was blacklisted and that I would receive a call when they had successfully sorted the problem last night. I am still waiting for a call back.

i fully understand all security aspects but as I have been able to prove my identity from account details, passport and driving licence I am now extremely frustrated that I am unable to use my phone. There is more to this but have tried to keep it condensed to get a satisfactory response from EE which will enable me to use the phone I am paying for.  I have tried several times to speak to a customer service rep today in opening times and told the office is closed!

i now look forward to a speedy resolution TODAY before I take my custom elsewhere.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: unable to use phone or upgrade

Hi @Heartandsoul

Welcome back to the community.

I'm disappointed to read of the experience you have had with your replacement SIM.

We're currently only able to take a limited number calls due to an internal error.

Our team are currently working on restoring this to full service. Sorry for an inconvenience caused, and please try again later.

Once you can get through, I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out for you.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Heartandsoul

EE are currently experiencing problems with 150, Live Chat and other services, so currently I’m not sure if you’ll be able to reach the people you need to, in order to resolve this.

Tagging @Lee_H @Leanne_T

Investigator

Thanks for the response . I will check here again in a while. 

by
Solution

Hi @Heartandsoul

Welcome back to the community.

I'm disappointed to read of the experience you have had with your replacement SIM.

We're currently only able to take a limited number calls due to an internal error.

Our team are currently working on restoring this to full service. Sorry for an inconvenience caused, and please try again later.

Once you can get through, I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out for you.

Chris

View solution in original post

Investigator

Sim is now working thankyou . But I still do not have full functionality of my account.

by

Awesome, glad the SIM is working, @Heartandsoul.

We’re aware of an issue affecting a small number of customers when trying to use their My EE account.

We're working on this too, apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.