Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

topup

Anyone else struggling to top up on the website? When it gets to the payment section it tries loading the credit card secure page then stops. I have tried 3 different computers (and 2 different credit cards) and none manage to get through to verification.

Ideas?

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: topup

I'm in the same position, been trying since yesterday (Monday) evening, gets to that point then nothing.  It's frustrating the hell out of me. It's not just that though, I tried adding & validating my email address but I get an "Oops sorry some of ours services aren't available right now" message. It seems EE are making it harder & harder to top up, maybe they don't actually want our business Smiley Mad

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I'm having the same problem. I've tried topping up in  3 different web browsers. In Google Chrome, I get a message inside the box where the credit card secure stuff should be:

"Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension" - Microsoft Edge and Firefox just give me an empty box.

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yup, this is the same message as my Chrome now but I didn't pay a great deal of attention last night - I don't remember seeing that message when I moused over it last night though (I seem to recall seeing a "Waiting for the server" at one point but I've tried so many times I'm ready to cancel my phone lol).  If they all suddenly go through at once I'm gonna be topped up for the rest of the year...and bankrupt on my credit card lol.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @white1, @anything_coffee and @richardjdare.

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I will look into this for you all.

Could you all check your My EE account to see if your credit balance has updated?

Are you able to also try another top up method to see if any of those work?

Thanks

Chris 🙂

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Christopher, It still shows my balance as it was before attempting to top up. It's the only method of topping up available to me (I'm orange from EE btw, I don't know if it makes a difference). I tried topping up with text but had used the 150 instead of the other number as I hadn't realised they were different numbers for orange & EE, but the orange number I'd have to use my CVV number & as weird as it might sound, I don't really like the idea of putting that in my phone as well (plus IDK how the system would work it considering my CVV isn't saved on my EE.

I've not been able to top up online without logging in since they changed the way the site was set up as the link to do so circles back to the same "ways to top up" menu. And I don't have the app because I don't use a data plan on my mobile (and I'm not sure it'd be supported on a blackberry anyway).

I'm going out very soon so will try using the cashpoint to top up, will see if that works, I can't imagine it being problematic.

(hope this reply isn't too rambly, I'm running on only a couple of hours sleep).

Highlighted
by

Thanks for getting back to me, @anything_coffee.

That's good, that means the transactions haven't all went through at once.

Please let me know how you get on with topping up by cashpoint.

You mentioned that you cannot top up without signing in. Can you top up if you do sign in?

Look forward to hearing from you again. 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Thanks for your reply @Christopher_G. I've still got no credit in my account and still get the same problem when I try to top up online. I will try topping up by phone later when I get back from work, but I do prefer doing everything online.

Highlighted
by

I would appreciate that, @richardjdare. 🙂

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I topped up at the cashpoint without any problem and the new balance is as it should be (so no influx of payments) so I don't know if it's still broken or not but at least the cashpoint worked (for orange anyway). 

With regards the not being able to top up without logging in, what I meant by that is I've not been able to do that for some time since the orange topup page/site changed (so probably 6 months or more) and it forced me to have to register and add a credit card to use. It was hugely inconvenient because I'm so terrible with passwords and really didn't want to have to save my card details. The current problem was where I couldn't top up even when logged in.  

Highlighted
by

Thank you for getting back to us @anything_coffee

@Christopher_G has gone home for the evening so you are left with my company 🙂

I'm pleased you have managed to get this credit on your mobile.

Have you reported the current problem into customer services at all?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I have now topped up my phone by ringing 450, but it does cost 25 pence for the privilage of topping up my own phone.

Thanks

Highlighted
by

Thank you for getting back to us @white1

I am pleased to hear you have topped up.

Have a good night

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I am having this same problem. Please can you tell me what steps do I take to be able to top up online as before? I was hoping to find some guidance in this thread!

Many thanks,

Cathy

Highlighted
by

Hi @catamour,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you tried using a different web browser to top up?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I've tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge, neither works.

C

Highlighted
by

Hi @catamour,

There are no current problems with online top ups that I'm aware of.

What happens when you try to top up?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Instead of the "Verified by Visa" square I get "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." (Chrome) or just a blank square (Microsoft Edge). No top-up on either.

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That's how it was for me before it was fixed just recently. It's working fine for me now though, I just topped up again today (I'm using chrome).  Weird. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Oh, do I have to just keep trying then?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.