Highlighted
by
Explorer

"Sorry, you don't have enough credit to make a call..."

I bought and installed a SIM card today with 2 GB data, 100 min of talk, and unlimited texts. I used a bit of data for gps needs in London only- no talk, and texts are marked as Not Delivered. The cost was 10 pounds (sorry, American keyboard). 

A few hours later I received a notice that I had used all my data, so I had to top up for another 10 pounds. Four hours later I received this text: "Your current balance as of today 20:55 is 0 pounds. You have 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and 2.0 GB remaining until 22/10/2017 for your 10 pound data pack. Your last top up was 10 pounds on 21/09/2017 at 16:37." I am unable to call customer service bc I don't have any minutes/data/whatever, and am required to top up again just to do this, and on top of that, they want to charge me 25 pounds to speak to a rep. 

At this rate I'm better off just paying the $10/day my Verizon service provider offers for international travel. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: "Sorry, you don't have enough credit to make a call..."

It's 25 pence (25p) per call to call EE on PAYG.

What dies texting AL to 150 say?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
Explorer

I'm fine paying for the call but don't seem to have that option- plus, it says I have 100 minutes, of which I've used none. I'm not able to call a number in the UK or to the USA. Those are the only #s I've tried. The only person I am able to text successfully is my husband, who is using his American phone number and phone in Italy. I cannot successfully text a friend back home with the same area code.  

Texting AL to 150 says "Your current balance as of today 00:00 is 0.00 pounds. You have 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and 1.9 GB remaining until 22/10/2017 for your 10 pound data pack. Your last top up was 10 pounds on 21/09/2017at 16:37. For more info..."

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jph2017

Thanks for posting on the community.

To call customer service you will need 25p credit on your account, this will not come out of your inclusive minutes.

If you're calling or texting an international number this would be chargeable.

If you're unable to call a UK number we would need to look into this further.

You can call us from an alternative line we can get this sorted for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.