by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

personal details don't match the ones EE have

As requested, I have given my home landline number, my first and last name, my DOB, my email addrress, my bank sort code, the last four digits of my account number - ALL CCRRECT but I still receive the response "Your peronal details don't match the ones we have, please try again". I have had a stroke and need to correspond by email not 'phone. What do i do now?

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: personal details don't match the ones EE have

@hogshatch wrote:

my email addrress

When it asks you to confirm your contact email addy, it is the contact email addy that was originally registered to your BB a/c that it's asking for as a security check & not the MyEE email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@hogshatch

What were you doing when you gave this information? For example were you calling EE? 

Please don't say you were replying to some email you received.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: OP was setting up his new MyEE so he can manage his BB a/c, in place of the now withdrawn BB Member's Centre.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX

How do you know that from the OP?

The OP doesn't make any reference to MyEE. I hope you are correct as this to me seems very suspicious as that's a lot of personal information.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Been there, done that!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @hogshatch

Thanks for choosing community for help 🙂

I can see @XRaySpeX and @Northerner have offered help and support to you.

If you need anything else, please do answer the questions asked and we can try and move forward with helping you further.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

I have tried using my original email address, which was my current email address plus '.freeserve.' in the middle. I have also tried used my Billing Account Number instead of my landline number. Incidentally, the note to landline number says the number is either 9 or 10 digits including an 0! Mine and most others contain 11 digits including 0. None of these alternatives work and I need to solve this by email as I cannot talk easily on the 'phone following my stroke.

By the way, I have been with EE and its precedecessors since Freeserve started about 20 years ago but, unless this is solved quickly, I may change Broadband supplier.

by

Hi @hogshatch

Please see our My Home Broadband login details aren’t working - what do I need to do? support article.

This explains everything you need to do.

If you are still struggling, then please see our online contact form and we will try our best to help.

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

'.freeserve.co.uk' I hope.

Have you kept any emails that EE sent you, say for the Orange email closure, to check the contact email addy EE had for you?

Don't worry about the length of the phone no. It does accept the normal 11 digits.

by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

Thank you but 'freeserve.' only was added. 'co.uk' was already there. Can I resolve this with EE by email as I cannot cope with the telephone following my stroke? All the information I have given them has been double checked and I am sure they have these details on file.

by

Hi @hogshatch

Thanks for coming back to us 🙂

Please see our Accessibility overview with EE for alternative methods to contact us.

I hope this helps you.

Let us know how you get on.

Richard

🙂

by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

Contact EE without a mobile

I have Home Broadband but no mobile. How do I contact EE by email or by landline?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Contact EE without a mobile

See the landline nos in my sig.

Is there something we can help you with your BB?

by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't help, I am afraid, as all answers assume either that I have a mobile phone or that I know what number to call. All I want to do is to look at my account which I haven't been able to do from mid-December. The site for re-registering for Home Broadband does not recognize my personal details, which have not changed. I have had the account since Freeserve started! I have had a serious stroke and do need to have some advice from someone who knows what to do. Please help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Doesn't it highlight which field it objects to?

by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

No! It just says personal details don't match their records. I am now waiting on 0800 079 8586 for how to cancel my contract after 20 odd years! There is a defect on the 020 7362 0200 number

by hogshatch Contributor
Contributor

At last i have got through and find that there is a known problem their end. All my personal details were correct and they had them all. What a complete shambles and waste of time! I am VERY unimpressed and will not be be singing EE's praises to anyone although the chap who reconnected me was sympathetic

by
EE Employee

Hi @hogshatch

I understand your frustration with the issues you have faced, I'm glad you are now connected though.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.