by Saanya123
Explorer

my bank is blocking my payment when i try to top up

Hi, 

When I try to top up my pay as you go- it says my bank is blocking my payment. 

I don't understand why? 

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: my bank is blocking my payment when i try to top up

Hello @Saanya123 you will need to contact your banks customer service to find out why I am sorry since they are blocking it not EE. 

If if you are trying over the phone on 150 try again in a couple of hours - or log in to MYEE online/register the number online and try topping up through your online account. Here is a link containing the ways you can top up on EE PAYG. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/pay-as-you-go-top-ups/ways-to-top-up

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Banks are hot on frauds using stolen card nos. to make test purchases of top-ups. These are quite common. So if you've never made a top-up for your mobile no. before they will usually stop it when you do it for the 1st time, just in case it's a fraud. They then should phone you to check if it was really you & then unblock it. If your bank hasn't contacted you about this, I should phone them to confirm it was genuine. Then future top-ups from your no. should be cleared thro'.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Saanya123
Explorer

thank you for your response.

however, I have used this card may times before for my top ups. I've only ever used this card.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Saanya123

As my follow Stars have said, this will be your bank anti-fraud systems placing a bar on the transaction. 

This could be due to a number of factors, most commonly:

1) Your account not doing this request for a while and as such your bank wishes to confirm this is still a lawful transaction. 

2) Your bank has seen an increase in stolen cards being used on top-ups. This will be a bank wide prevention measure and will be a standard safeguard for a duration. 

All you need to do is phone your bank and the blocks will be removed. 

Hope you resolve this 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.