by annaba7
Explorer

minimum use to keep sim active

Im going abroad for 4 months and I use the Pay As you go. Do I have to constantly pay 10 pounds every month to keep the plan going? I heard that I have to give a call to EE before I leave UK and when I come back. If I do this does it mean I dont have to pay during 4 months Im abroad?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: minimum use to keep sim active

On PAYG you don't need to call EE at all when going abroad.

If you are going outside the EU or going to the EU but don't need your pack there, you don't need to pay for your pack whilst away. Either don't let your credit reach £10 so the pack can't be bought or text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates. You can restart the pack when you get back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @annaba7,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I see you've already had a fantastic answer from @XRaySpeX. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

James

by annaba7
Explorer

Do I then Stop the pack (£10 pound Pay as you go) for stopping it for a while (I dont have to pay at all)? I dont have to call or text anything during the 4 months abroad and when I get back how do I reactivate? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @annaba7

Yes, you can cancel the pack and choose another one when you get back.

Just please bear in mind:

If you have had no chargeable activity on your account within 120 days we’ll contact you by text to make sure you’re still using the SIM card and you’d like to keep the account active.

Setting up your pack when you get back will stop the hibernation from going through.

For more information on pay as you go hibernation >

Hope this puts your mind at ease. 🙂

Have a brilliant time.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you get back to the UK & restart a pack, remember to choose a 30-day pack again so as not to lose your boosts. The codes for texting to 150 can be found in Pay as you go packs explained .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.