have sent emails to locked out email address nothing happens

i am desperate help

is there a person I could speal to

70 year untec pensioner

mike harris

24 REPLIES 24
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: locked out of fsmail.net account .tried locked out email nothinghelp despera

It's because you are trying to send many emails at once. Hallmark of a spammer.

EE are looking into this and a fix should be out soon hopefully.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: locked out of fsmail.net account .tried locked out email nothinghelp despera

Hi @mikeharris32194,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James​​​​​​​

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It was locked cuz it reckoned you were sending too many emails in a short space of time, the hallmark of a spammer, altho' you were doing it legitimately..

This is being looked into by EE & it is hoped to get them unlocked soon.

Why are you forwarding your emails anyway? You only really need to for sent items. Why aren't you importing them into your new email like EE recommends?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

Is a general fix going to be issued or is it on a per user basis? I'm asking as I have also been trapped by this being forced to use the forwarding method as I want nothing to do with GMail and there does not appear to be any other advice with regards to moving my emails out in any other way if an import facility is not available.

by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

Re: Who’s affected by the Orange Email closure?

Has any progress been made with regards to locked email accounts? Following the advice given I have been forwarding my emails out and have now been locked out for "Breaching my Terms and Conditions".

by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

Re: Who’s affected by the Orange Email closure?

I'm in exactly the same boat. My account has been locked as well for following best advice provided namely forwarding my emails out. When can we expect this to get sorted?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@GuzizuG: Which mail provider are you moving them to? Most do have a mechanism for pulling in another email a/c into themselves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @GuzizuG

I have passed your details over to the team who are dealing with unlocks.

Many thanks,

Lee

by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeXI'm using Yahoo. I did look for any migration tool that I could use but if it's there then I can't find it. The point is moot as I'm still locked out of my account.

by
EE Employee

Hi @GuzizuG 

I understand your frustration, but I have sent your details off to the relevant team to investigate your locked issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@GuzizuG: I'm afraid Yahoo!, unlike GMail & Outlook.com, doesn't have the facility of adding an Orange a/c to it:

Additional providers coming soon 

Your email provider is not supported yet. We will email you when it becomes available. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @GuzizuG

Your account should now be unlocked.

Let me know if you are back in.

Many thanks,

Lee

by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

I can confirm that my account is now unlocked. Thank you for your efforts.

One last question has the account locking mechanism been disabled for sending out too many emails? If not can you let me know what my limit is so I don't get locked out again?

by
EE Employee

That's great news @GuzizuG

Thanks for popping back to let us know!

I'll need to double check this with the team - I'll pop back and let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Speak soon.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Wodge Investigator
Investigator

HELP, I'm in the same boat; locked out trying to transfer lots of e-mails to a new account! Currently lacking access to loads of v.important e-mails and docs I need to action in next few days!!!!

by Wodge Investigator
Investigator

HELP, I too am locked out whislt sending e-mails to a new account. It appears users are getting solutions, but on an individual basis. Can someone please help me access e-mails I need to work over next few days.

by Wodge Investigator
Investigator

Further to my previous post. I have sent numerous e-mails to the number on the locked-out screen, but to no avail. I have also phoned the number in posts above, but am told they cannot do anything until the e-mail is answered, but time is critical for me.

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @Wodge

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're locked out of your account.

Could you please send me your full email address via Private Message.

I'll pass on to the team to arrange unlocking.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

Is there any update on my question has the locking mechanism on my account been disabled so I can forward all my remaing 1,500 emails out of my account without getting locked out again? Need a reply as soon as possible

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.