by jonny32211 Investigator
Investigator

iphone 7 unlocking

i live in toronto canada. My sister had purchased a phone from london which is locked to EE. i cannot find anywhere  to unlcok it and everytime i have called ee . the line has diconnected (overseas charges) is their any way i can get in contact with customer support to resolve this issue. ive been going back and forth for the past 3 months.

cheers

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: iphone 7 unlocking

In London? But from whom? Did she buy this device herself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

hey she bought it from a 3rd party. Everybody here in canada is saying  no less than 200 for unlocking service which is ridcioulous. i have tried to call with no avail Hence why i am on this forum. Thank you for very much for you help .May God bless you. Originally it is from Saudi Arabia but after talking with apple. They said it is locked to EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @jonny32211 and welcome to the community.

Please do see the wonderful advice given above by @XRaySpeX.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jonny32211  A device that’s locked to EE that’s a UK company and operates only in the UK  but the device was purchased from Saudi Arabia.   You might be lucky and get the device unlocked but to be honest I wouldn’t hold my breath.  Have you checked to see if the device is blacklisted?   This is the very first thing you need to do.  

Use THIS to check.     And if it is blacklisted then your issue is with the seller of the device as EE will not remove the blacklist for you.  

Investigator

thank you very much for your reply chris. The first thing i did when i got the phone was checked if the imei # was clean ( which it is) and it wasnt i cloud locked. which isnt. i just got of phone with ee (thank you very much for giving the number xrayspex) and they had told me that i would have to wait until mach 20 to unlock which is great news. However they told me for the unlocking payment they only accept  a uk debit or credit card. Any possibly ways around this for example a pre paid credit card?

by
EE Employee

Hi @jonny32211

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept prepaid cards for payment of unlocking.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

I had pointed out it had to be a UK card. W/out 1 you won't get it unlocked. Know anyone in UK willing to splash out 9 quid for you?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.