This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by
EE Community Support Team

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Delivery Information

[ Edited ]

We’re continuing to see more stock arriving and we continue to send out new phones in date order, regardless of whether the order was placed by new or upgrading customers, and the method by which the order was placed.

If you are still waiting for your new phone, please do bear with us as we work through this. If you would like to switch to a more readily available model, please see the stock list further down this page and call 150 to make the switch.

We thank you for your patience.

See below for readily available stock lines

Last updated 29 December, 2016

iPhone 7 128GB Black

iPhone 7 128GB Gold

iPhone 7 128GB Jet Black

iPhone 7 128GB Rose Gold

iPhone 7 128GB Silver

iPhone 7 256GB Black

iPhone 7 256GB Gold

iPhone 7 256GB Jet Black

iPhone 7 256GB Rose Gold

iPhone 7 256GB Silver

iPhone 7 32GB Black

iPhone 7 32GB Gold

iPhone 7 32GB Rose Gold

iPhone 7 32GB Silver

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Gold

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Rose Gold

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Silver

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Black

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Rose Gold

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Silver

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Black

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Gold

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Rose Gold

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Silver

If you wish to switch your order please call 150 if you ordered online or on the phone, and pop into your local EE store if you ordered in-store.

Updates by text

Based on customer feedback and as per the last text we sent to you, you will now only receive a text message from us when your new iPhone is on its way to you, although we will continue to review this. We will also continue to post updates here in community, so this remains the best place to visit for accurate and timely information.

Upgrade dates

Many of you are concerned that your upgrade dates have been delayed due to the delayed arrival of your new iPhone 7.

All customers who pre-ordered or ordered in September and who experienced a delayed delivery of their new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus will see their next upgrade date brought forward to 16th September.

You will only pay for your new plan once you receive your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus and your new upgrade date won’t be delayed in 12 or 24 months, depending on the length of your plan.

If you ordered between 1st and 15th October this year and experienced a delayed delivery, the upgrade date will be the 1st of October.

You’ll notice the change on your bill once you have your new iPhone.

We thank you all for your continued patience. We talk daily to our teams working with Apple and so the EE Community is the right place to visit for daily updates. We’re the first to hear what stock is available, as it comes in, so if you are waiting for a particular model, this is the place to stay up to date.

Deliveries

• Deliveries are coming into our warehouse on a regular basis and we’ll keep working around the clock to get them to you swiftly.

• iPhones from our shipments go out via our courier, DPD. Please scroll down the section called “What happens when my phone is in stock?” for more information.

• If your phone it on its way to you, you will receive a text from DPD before 8pm to let you know to expect a delivery the following day. Within the text there's an option to arrange a different delivery date and time that works for you.

• If you ordered your phone in one of our retail stores, you’ll receive a call from a store advisor during store opening hours.

• If you receive a call from 0845 412 2711, this is the number you’ll see if you’re being contacted by EE in relation to your iPhone delivery queries.

• You can start preparing for your new iPhone now: Get ready for your new iPhone with our top tips

Your questions answered 

• How will I know if my pre-order is affected?

We have contacted all customers who have been affected.

When we receive your device, we’ll contact you with new delivery information.

The delivery timescale may vary depending on which colour and size variant you pre-ordered.

• What happens when my phone is in stock?

If you ordered online or by phone, you'll receive a text from our delivery company DPD, confirming delivery details. Within the text there's an option to arrange a different delivery date and time that works for you.

When your order is delivered you'll need to provide proof of identity. Please have one of the following forms of photo ID available:

1. Passport

2. A valid driving licence

Find more detail about delivery of EE orders on our website >

If you’re a new EE customer, we'll contact you via the details you provided to us.

If you pre-ordered from an EE store, you’ll receive a call from a store advisor as soon as your phone is ready to collect.

• If I switch to another model will I have to wait longer?

If you decide to switch your order to a phone that we have stock in then you may receive your new iPhone as early as the next day. However if you decide to change to a model for which there is a global shortage, you will not be moved to the front of the waiting list.

• If my phone is on backorder can my delivery date change?

Yes, it’s possible. We’re in regular contact with Apple, and in a lot of circumstances we have been able to bring forward the delivery dates for customers.

There is a global shortage of some colours and sizes of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. We’ll keep you updated if your expected delivery date changes.

We’ll always pass on delivery changes as soon as we become aware that a change will occur.

• Which iPhones were in the latest delivery?

We’re sorry – we’re not able to share the details of what stock is in each Apple shipment, or the percentages we have fulfilled for each model.

• Do customers who have taken an annual upgrade plan get any priority when the iPhone 7S/8 is released?

No there is no priority given.

• Are the iPhones being sent out in order of the order being placed?

We do our best to send out iPhones in first in first out order.

• I received a text with a delivery timeframe. From what date does the timeframe begin?

The number of days quoted in your text are from the date we sent out the texts.

This timeframe replaces any previous timeframes.

We continue to retry texts for several days in the event they don’t initially go through.

If you pre-ordered the new iPhone from an EE shop, you’ll receive a call from a store advisor as soon as your handset is ready to collect.

Is EE shipping pre-ordered iPhones on weekends?

Yes - only if you selected weekend delivery when you pre-ordered.

Will I be charged for weekend shipping?

If you opted for weekend delivery, you will be charged the standard rate for this option (£9.99).

I haven’t received my phone - when do I start paying?

If you’re an upgrading EE customer, your new Price Plan takes effect from the day your device is dispatched.

If you’re a new customer, your Price Plan begins from the day your device is dispatched.

If you're being charged in error, please call us on 150.

• Can I cancel my order and go elsewhere?

Yes – although we believe all UK retailers have received limited stock.

• When I ring EE I receive different information from what I've read here in the EE Community. Why?

The information in the EE Community is up-to-date, and comes first-hand from our Apple team, who we are in daily contact with.

For the most accurate, up-to-date information, please refer to:

1. This discussion you're reading now
2. Our correspondence with you about your order

We’re making every effort ensure we roll out information to all of our contact channels simultaneously; please bear in mind that we have thousands of customer service colleagues and hundreds of retail stores so it takes time for the new information to reach all of our colleagues.

Original post

Hi everyone,

Apple has seen overwhelming demand for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, with some colour and size variants out of stock globally - this affects all UK iPhone retailers.

As a trusted partner of Apple, we're receiving regular deliveries to keep up with demand.

Apple has released an official statement, and we're working around the clock to get new iPhones into the hands of our customers as swiftly as possible.

We know how excited you are to receive your new iPhone, and we'll keep you updated in this discussion.

Previous updates

Post your questions below, and one of the team will be happy to help. Thank you.

14,913 REPLIES
by
Established Contributor

iPhone 7/ 7 Plus Delivery Alert

Evening all,

I just wondered if anyone has received texts for delivery? If you can share the model and when you ordered.

The misses order the 7 128GB Rose Gold on Friday evening, delivery confirmed via text earlier for 16/09.

All the best

by
Established Contributor

Re: iPhone 7/ 7 Plus Delivery Alert

Nothing yet for a 7 Plus Matte Black 128gb, ordered Friday around 9:30am.

Someone I know on Twitter has for a 7 Matte Black 128gb though. And he ordered late on Friday.

Are the texts from EE or DPD?

by
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I received a text from EE.

iphone 7 32gb silver

Delivery date Friday this week

Ordered Friday morning, apparently I was the first person on their system to order that model.

by
Established Contributor

Yes IPhone 7 Plus 128gb gold.

Ordered at about 8.20am last Friday on first day of pre-order 

by
Established Contributor

I ordered iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black. No text yet.
I called 150 last friday to pre-order, after the friendly chap tried to sell me anything and everything (extra sim, tablet, bt sport, apple music) I got my order through and got the email confirmation at 8.30am. 

I am certain it will not come on Friday...

by
Contributor

Hi, I've ordered an IPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black and have still not had any reply from the courier. When i rang on the moring of the 9th, the gentleman on the phone said that I was his first customer, and i still have not recieved anything about when my phone will be delivered. Has anyone else with the jet black IPhone recieved any information on this?

by
Contributor

Hi,

I've ordered the same, 128gb 7 plus, jet black and heard nothing. I'm not particularly hopeful of getting it anytime soon!! Smiley Sad

by
Investigator

iPhone 7 delivery

Hi just wondering if anybody had recieved their DPD text,  ordered last Friday 8am jet black 128gb, was told would be delivered Friday but haven't heard anything 

by
Contributor

I ordered a Jet Black 7 128gb and not got a delivery notice yet either.

by
Contributor

hi. 7 Plus 128GB jet black. ordered friday 9th @ 13:00 approx. had email to confirm payment taken and order placed but no more sincethen. not convinced it will be here tomorrow....:-(

by
Investigator

I'm in the same boat, pre order last friday, paid money, momey taken. Had two emails, nothing else. COME ON EE, this isnt good enough!!!!!

by
Grand Master

What can EE say ? The devices do t ship till tomorrow and it's DPD who will text you when it's on it's way.   

Again a Preorder is not a guarantee of delivery on launch date.   

by
Investigator

No, but good customer comms isnt something i should beg for either!!

by
Contributor

Chris that is incorrect as the devices ship today for delivery tomorrow.

And we are all aware pre-order isn't a guarantee of launch day delivery but it is ridiculous that EE can't or won't give any indication when you are expecting to get your handset.  My upgrade order was completed by 8:02 on pre order day, yet I still haven't got a clue if I will be waiting one more day or 3 more weeks, and that is not good enough

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: iPhone 7 delivery

Hi and welcome to the Community @Wills123

You will receive text messages throughout the delivery process and you will start to receive them soon as a device is ready for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Contributor

Surely EE must know at this stage (if not days ago) that they're not going to be provided with enough or any phones and the correct thing would be to at least email us and let us know that there is going to be a delay!

by
Investigator

I know i doesnt make sense, because if they were worried customers would cancel, but mostly they wouldnt becuase they would go through the process with someone else and get it even later.

by
Established Contributor

Ordered by 8:13am on 9th September. No notification or indication of delivery day yet. iPhone 7 Plus Black 128gb

I did call up on Tuesday to confirm my order as I hadn't had any confirmation since I got off of the phone to them when I ordrered. I was then sent a text confirmation and was given a strong indication by the lady on the phone that becuase I had ordered so early I should expect delivery on Saturday. I had a text from her to confirm this.

I'm starting to worry.

by
Contributor

...just received the SMS confriming delivery for tomorrow Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.