This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by
Contributor

iPhone 5s delivery timeframes

[ Edited ]

Has anyone who placed an online order this morning for an iPhone 5s had any information about the expected delivery timeframes?

I ordered a 64gb black 5s at about 9am but haven't had any infomration about how long delivery will take. Anybody heard anything?

If you did place an online order, let us know what size, colour and type you went for.

3,229 REPLIES
by
Established Contributor

Re: iPhone 5s delivery timeframes

Just got the confirmation email.
I ordered the 16gb gold Smiley Happy
by
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed my order over the phone and the guy said anyone switching over from Orange/T-Mobile to EE was getting priority and would get the phone within 7 days. Anyone staying with Orange it would take 30!
Not sure if this info is correct though - I checked my order was placed due to not getting the confirmation text and the girl said it'd be within 30 days.

Also ordered the 16GB Gold.

by
Contributor

Did your confirmation email suggest any possible delivery times?
by
Contributor

Interesting to see two Gold iPhone purchases. They have been heavily reported as bring the first to go out of stock and end up with extended delivery times.

30 days doesn't sound nice, ouch!

Anyone had any information on the silver or black?
by
Established Contributor

Good to hear we might recieve the phone in seven days Smiley Happy
by
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, as soon as a text pops up from UKMail we'll know more. I haven't had any sort of confirmation email even now but Orange online chat confirmed the order so not too concerned!

by
Brilliant Contributor

It should be reasonably soon, you will get an email from UKMail when it's on it's way.

by
Contributor

Wow, I've just re-visited the EE shop page for the iPhone 5s and they have implemented a queuing system. It tells me that there are over 3,500 people ahead of me in that queue.

by
Contributor

The latest information about online orders for the iphone 5s with EE is that they will be followed up with a call from EE in the next 48 hours in order to complete the order information that is required.

I guess this might be things like credit checks, but, it does seem like not much is gfoing to happen with online orders for the next couple of days,

"dont worry, you will get a call from us within 48 hours and they will take the details from you."

by
Established Contributor

I had a two texts one saying my ee wifi is set up and one saying my clone phone is set up.
by
Explorer

I ordered over the phone at 9:45 this morning (I have moved from TMob to EE).  I ordered silver as he said the gold were most popular and had the longest delivery times.  I am awaiting a delivery confirmation (I have had the clone phone set up text) but he said he'd booked me in for delivery on Monday.

by
Established Contributor

Just got a email saying your phone is winging its way to you right now.
Great I thought Smiley Happy
And then at the bottom of the email it says allow 30 days for delivery.
WTF ????
by
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Delivery Monday sounds awesome. Fingers crossed for you. Let us know what happens.

by
Contributor

It looks like they are adding "30 days for delivery" to everything they say, no doubt to cover all eventualities. Let us know if any more definitive delivery info comes through Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

I just had my followup call.

EE sent me an email asking me to ring them. Once I did they confirmed that I wanted to take my number when I moved from orange, and told me that everything was approved and I should have more information very soon, including a followup email.

I asked when the phone was likely to arrive and was told that they aren't allowed to say anything other than 'within 28 days'. However, she also said that I was one of the first people on their list and that my phone was already allocated so it would be a lot sooner than that.

I ordered the 32GB in Silver.

by
Investigator

I've now had an email saying that delivery should be within two working days!

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

by
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great news! About what time did you place your order (to help us all figure out how far back in the queue we are)?

Thanks

by
Investigator

I ordered approx 7:15 AM via the website and got my initial confirmation email through at 7:20 AM, saying my order wasn't complete but giving my reference number.

I then got an email asking me to call EE at 4:16 PM (to confirm I wanted to keep my old number).

I rang them back at 4:20 PM and was told the phone was on the way in another email at 4:26 PM.

Because that was before 5:00 PM, EE will try their best to deliver within two working days.

by
Contributor

Thanks for the update SarahBee. That's a great benchmark for everyone else!
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.