by grandads50 Investigator
Investigator

how long do data boosts last PAYG

Bought a payg sim online with 1gb of free data boost a month last june and have now topped up 3 times so i choose a further 500mb boost, BUT they have all now gone.

CS say they dont kmow anything and my account shows i need to top up twice more for a free boost.

I thought the boosts were for life, i did ask for my PAC last month but surely u cant just lose all the free boosts with no record of you having them,

i even have texts with the free boosts but CS say they dont exist

HELP anyone

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: how long do data boosts last PAYG

@grandads50  Did you setup an account with EE.?   If you didn’t then there is no account for any texts to be logged against. 

Investigator

I have an account and the app on my phone,

I also have texts confirming the boosts but my account now shows none

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What packs have you bought over the months? You will lose your boosts if you switch from 30 day packs to 5 days packs or v.v.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I had the free 1 gb boost when i bought the sim

I then bought a £15 pack, A £10 pack and another £10 pack, all 30 day packs, went online and opted for the extra 500Mb which was to start with my next pack, but last night bought a new pack and no free boosts at all,

all CS wanted to do was sell me 12 month contract but did give me 1Gb of data for 14 days.

Still want my free boosts as i'm not ringing up every month to get them, looks like a complaint today and its sorted or I'm leaving, not happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @grandads50,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you have had an issue with your free boosts.

Please get in touch with customer care and a member of the team can raise this with our technical team for you.

Thanks

James

Investigator

just found out that if you take a pack that is less than £10, even if it is still a 30 day pack you loose all your free boosts, its in the terms and conditions,

I called CS who cancelled the pack and put on a £10 pack but was too late, didnt get them back,

anyway got my pac now, looks like i'll be going onto a pay monthly, would have called CS to see what they would do but as the CS advisor took all my credit i cant even call back to upgrade as the call costs 25p lol, and I'm not topping up just to call them.

BYE

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @grandads50,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry customer services were unable to reactivate your boosts.

If you would like to discuss upgrading to pay monthly you can contact our sales team, free from your mobile, on 0800 956 6000.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions