by edprattt
Explorer

cannot disable content lock on my new phone

recently i got my new iphone and have found that the content lock was on because i couldn't use my snapchat. I went into my account and tuned off content lock and it says that content lock is removed but i think as my account still shows my old phone next to my number (which i kept), it has removed the content lock on that phone instead of my new one. Is there a way to update this so the number is recognized with my new phone? 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: cannot disable content lock on my new phone

@edprattt  The device shown on the account has nothing to do with the  content not been removed not removed as the content lock is on your account not the device.  

Try restarting your device and any account changes can take up to 24 hours to propagate through. 

If you like to correct the device showing on your account open the my EE app on your cellular data connection. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @edpratt

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

I can see @Chris_B has helped you and I hope the information given to you has sorted this out?

Let us know how you got on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by edprattt
Explorer

• I’ve waited for almost a week now and my snapchat still is not working. Does anyone have any idea why it’s not? I get notifications for the app but can’t refresh my feed inside the app.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @edprattt

Is this the only app you are having difficulty with?

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

If you have and it still isn't working then have you spoken with snapchat support at all?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.