by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

call customer service

Hi,

I tried calling customer service 150 from my ee phone but could not get through as I have 3 pence (plus more than enough minutes). As per this site --- http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch , it does say it is free at certain times! Which I relied on! I am not going to top up £5 to speak with someone about issues that are your fault. How do I call customer service as the call won't connect?

You can't put wrong info on the site, not be accountable and expect people not to rely on it.

Also, the reason I don't have enough money is as I had to call voicemail which I had turned off, and got a text confirmation it was turned off. However I still received a voicemail I had to check.

This is such an unfair network.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: call customer service

Hello @bristolash91, @manomaly, @XRaySpeX, 0809 079 8586 and 07953 966 250 are blocked from EE PAYG phones - the reason being is they give out personal details when you enter someone's else's phone number such as pack info and recurring top up info. It was also possible to make changes to the account such as changing packs and purchasing add ons, so EE stopped them. You can still contact customer service directly from your EE PAYG phone for free using 0800 956 6000 (all options have been set to divert straight to customer service with no self serve options) but if you call out of normal hours (8pm-10pm weekdays and 6pm-8pm weekends & bank holidays) it will still charge the 50p late charge. 🙂

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@manomaly: Your pack minutes don't count towards calling CS. It costs PAYG 25p / per call to call 150.

EE mobile 150 Free during our standard opening hours* (25p per call on pay as you go)

What wrong info. is that?

What's the problem? Can we help?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

I did call during standard hours and it said I didn't have enough credit as I only have 0.03 pence and did not want to connect the call. How do I call customer service for free during standard hours having 3 pence without having to top up?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @manomaly you should still be able to contact customer service during normal working hours (8am-8pm weekdays and 8am-6pm weekends & bank holidays) on 07953 966 250 from another phone. If you call outside normal working hours (8pm-10pm weekdays and 6pm-8pm weekends & bank holidays) from another phone you will still have to pay the 50p late opening charge. 🙂
by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Profile closed, thanks for the reply, but I just called 07953 966 250 and it says the number doesn't exist, then I called 150 from my phone, it told me how many minutes I've got etc. I've selected through options, then it said that the call to customer service is 25 pence and I don't have enough money to call them. It os 10.40am on a Sunday, which I believe is the weekend. Same thing happened this Friday before 8pm (at 6pm). Any idea what's  causing this?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @manomally

The standard cost of a call to customer services on pay as you go is 25p.

If you don't have credit, perhaps you can call from either an alternative mobile number or a landline if you can.

If you can't, then please pop into your local EE store and the guys can help you there.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

But which number do I call if the one given to me by Tom (2 posts above) doesn't work. Or is it only a case of calling from a non EE number?

At this point I only want to get my PAC code, would calling an alternative number be okay for that?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Use the landline nos. in my sig. You won't need 25p to call them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

It said  020 7362 0200 from your signature is an incorrect number as well.. I'll try and dial it from someone else's phone, in case me calling from an ee phone is blocking it (as they want me to pay the 25 pence as I am payg)..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well they both dial from here on a landline.

by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

But not from a non EE mobile phone?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

They do from an O2 mobile; no reason not to. Suck it & see.

by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

Thanks!

Just wanted to make sure before I harass my friends for their phone..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome, @manomaly. Glad I can be of help. Hope you sort your PAC out OK.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't understand why you can't call the 07953 no. given by Tom or my landline nos. from an EE mobile. Must be some plot by EE to force you to use 150 for CS & pay 25p Smiley Wink.

by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, I'm sure it is.. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

most of network now give you access to free customers servcices now like tesco mobile & o2 -three. i find it very silly cost 25p to talk to someone really i think it good idea use your mins to chat with EE customers servivces 

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @bristolash91, @manomaly, @XRaySpeX, 0809 079 8586 and 07953 966 250 are blocked from EE PAYG phones - the reason being is they give out personal details when you enter someone's else's phone number such as pack info and recurring top up info. It was also possible to make changes to the account such as changing packs and purchasing add ons, so EE stopped them. You can still contact customer service directly from your EE PAYG phone for free using 0800 956 6000 (all options have been set to divert straight to customer service with no self serve options) but if you call out of normal hours (8pm-10pm weekdays and 6pm-8pm weekends & bank holidays) it will still charge the 50p late charge. 🙂

View solution in original post

by manomaly Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Profile closed! I just called 0800 956 6000 and it was no problem getting through 🙂 Yay!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @manomaly come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to discuss/share. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.