by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

broadband doesn't work anymore - red light

Hello,

I don't have broadband since tonight, I don't know why. The broadband light is red on my router.

I'm not a new customer, and it's the first time that I have issues with EE.

The page 192.168.1.1 tells that my internet connection is disconnected, and I can't solve the problem by clicking on the "connect" button.

I've already tried to restart my router (both by turn it off during whatever seconds and using the "restart" button on the settings page.

I've also tried to reset the router to the factory default settings (same, both trying the "factory default" button and inserting a pin in the small hole on the back of the router). 

Is there something else I can try to fix this?

Best,

Anaïs.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: broadband doesn't work anymore - red light

You've been completely disconnected then or there's a complete break, both wires of the pair, in your line. It is likely that any break occurs between you & the exchange, but it needs EE to call out BT Openreach to fix it.

Is this Fibre or ADSL?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@anaisk wrote:

The page 192.168.1.1 tells that my internet connection is disconnected 

But what is the BB State?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

says disconnected as well.

Highlighted
by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

and thank you by the way!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you checked the cables, sockets & filters?

Try plugging your router into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I have checked the cables, sockets and filter.

I have a split faceplate so I have remove the bottom panel and tried the test socket, nothing better.

I don't have any extension, the filter only and then the cable of the router. I can't see any wire on the back of the faceplate.

And no, the phone doesn't work either, no dial tone, I can't call any number (tried woth my cell phone).

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You've been completely disconnected then or there's a complete break, both wires of the pair, in your line. It is likely that any break occurs between you & the exchange, but it needs EE to call out BT Openreach to fix it.

Is this Fibre or ADSL?

View solution in original post

by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

It's ADSL. I'll call EE tomorrow morning (was already too late when I came back home).

Thank you very much for your help, you are very kind.

by phil76012 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Have you checked to see if you've a dail tone ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I've had the odd few hours, when some eng. has bumped into my line I presume, & the BB has gone down but never the phone with it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@phil76012: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/broadband-doesn-t-work-anymore-red-light/m-p/5625...

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @anaisk,

Glad you have had great help on the forum.

Hope you get this sorted 🙂

by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

Hello Leanne,

It is not solved yet, but I have called them and there is an issue on my line, they have reported the fault and they are working to solve it. I hope it will not take ages.

Best,

Anaïs.

by

Thank you for the update @anaisk.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

by anaisk Investigator
Investigator

Hello @Leanne_T

I'm happy to tell that everything is fixed now. EE sent an engineer yesterday.

Have a lovely day.

Anaïs.

by

This is excellent news @anaisk.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.