Highlighted
by chloelp91
Explorer

Wrongly Defaulted File

I was wondering if anyone can help me please, long story short I have had a default wrongly put on my credit file and EE are not helping me at all to rectify this.

• Transferred from Orange to EE automatically in 2013, assumed my bills were being transferred with the account and apparently I owed them £41.
  • No contact from the company even though I was now with EE and not Orange they are the same company and still didn't inform me of the amount I owed.
  • I only realised this default was on my file when applying for a mortgage.
  • Paid the £41 will not take this off my file even though I was unaware of the amount and have been punished in excess of 3 years for their lack of contact not mine.
  • Not only that I have been a customer of EE/Orange for 7 years spending in excess of £80 per month (Minimum £6,720 spend in 7 years!).
  • I am coming to the end of my contract with them and really am thinking of moving now as this has severely effected my life.
  • No help with resolving this situation just rude to me implying I should pay my debts and it wouldn't happen even though I explained I thought I had paid my final bill.

I have booked a consultation tomorrow with a solicitor and have all my statements from the Ombudsmen who also noticed I have been charged for a handset that was already paid instead of a package so he agreed to help me. Is a solicitor my only option as this is costly or has anyone else had any luck? This has been ongoing for three years and I'm so stressed with it all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Wrongly Defaulted File

Hi @chloelp91,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX.

If you take a look at the credit file post there's a link you can follow to chat about your query online.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

How does EE use my credit file information? might provide some useful info.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @chloelp91,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX.

If you take a look at the credit file post there's a link you can follow to chat about your query online.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

by chloelp91
Explorer

Hi James,

Thank you to you both but I already have contacted several times and been to the ombudsmen at this point loosing faith in the company and see no other option but to see a solicitor this evening.

Feeling like a bad person and having your credit ruined after seven years being loyal to a company and spending in excess of £7000 quite frankly is disgusting.

Any other options would be greatly appreciated I have contacted watch dog, citizens advice, solicitor and social media sites yesterday just to get some advice. It is becoming so costly and time consuming over a £41 admin error on Orange's behalf.

by
EE Employee

Hi @chloelp91

I understand your frustration.

If you are not happy in how this situation has been handled please do see our ways to complain.

Many thanks,

Lee

by ollyolsson
Explorer

Hello did you resolve the issue in the end as I had the same problem I was told it had been removed and have found out it is still on there! 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @ollyolsson

Have you contacted the credit file team to query why your file is still displaying the default?

Many thanks,

Lee

by ollyolsson
Explorer

Yes it was a while ago but thought it had been sorted!! But checked my file recently and it’s still showing!

by
EE Employee

Hi @ollyolsson

I would drop them another email to look further into why it is still displayed as they are the correct team to help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by ollyolsson
Explorer

C9122E38-0FF6-4D1B-8A1B-F3AD379F92E6.png

4D36C9DB-E8BC-4A8E-A605-026FB8CBD344.png

BC9CBA54-0C0E-4B58-8F41-8981372C4D32.png

41B63DAD-B765-41CF-B4F8-BA9386AB6DF5.png

by ollyolsson
Explorer

Surely orange/EE have to look at phones swapping from orange to EE and looking at posts on this forum and others were mistakes have clearly been made and withdraw these defaults 

by
EE Employee

Hi @ollyolsson

I understand your frustration with this issue.

Please do let us know what response you get from the credit file team when you contact them again.

Many thanks,

Lee

by ollyolsson
Explorer

Has orange//EE ever overturned a default to your knowledge? If you don’t know could you find out please

by
EE Employee

Hi @ollyolsson

This is something I would not be able to comment on as an outcome is dealt with on an individual basis.

Please contact the credit file team who will be able to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.