by ozzieb
Explorer

Will I qualify for 5BG boost if I take out a new 12 month sim only contract?

I'm just moving my BB service over to EE - activation date 4 May. I need to take out a new 12 month sim only contract for my son but didn't think to do this at the signing up stage.

EE's website / my paperwork refers to a 5GB data boost for EE mobile customers who also have EE broadband but it's not clear whether I had to be an existing EE mobile customer at the point I signed up for the broadband to qualify or whether I can take out a new mobile contracty afterwards and still qualify. 

The contract will be the 12 month £6.50pm (500 mins / 500MB / unlimited texts) contract currently on offer on EE's website.

Can I take this out and qualify for the data boost?.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Will I qualify for 5BG boost if I take out a new 12 month sim only contract?

Then you don't qualify. Your original interpretation was correct. You had to be an existing or new (i.e. signing up for mobile at the same time as BB) cust. of an EE mobile contract at the time if signing up for the BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Will I qualify for 5BG boost if I take out a new 12 month sim only contract?

Hi, 

It says lower down on the page and has a "more info" link. 

Data boost

Available to new and existing Pay Monthly mobile customers who sign up to home broadband plan. Data allowance boosted by 5GB. UK use only. Not available with 30 Day SIM Only plans or non-lead Sharer plans. You’ll lose the data boost if you cancel your home broadband. In order to retain your data boost when you upgrade or change your pay monthly plan, your EE home broadband must still be active and you must be moving to an eligible pay monthly plan

So as long as your plan meets this criteria then you will be fine. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by ozzieb
Explorer

Thanks

I'd read that and was thrown by the bit at the beginning that refers to new and existing Pay Monthly mobile customers signing up for a home broadband plan.  I've already signed up to EE broadband, wasn't an EE mobile customer at that point and read it as indicating that I had to be at that time / had to add the mobile contract at the same time.  

If I've misread it that's fine and I can proceed and take out the contract.

Thanks again. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Then you don't qualify. Your original interpretation was correct. You had to be an existing or new (i.e. signing up for mobile at the same time as BB) cust. of an EE mobile contract at the time if signing up for the BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.