by jstubbs
Explorer

WiFi calling issue - can anyone help?

Hi all. I've recently upgraded to the Sony Xperia XA. My previous phone had poor signal in my house but I managed to get by. This phone has even worse signal but luckily has WiFi calling so I thought I was onto a winner.

I can accept calls anywhere in my house now which is great and my messages are not delayed in being sent or received. However, on more or less every single call, it goes completely silent as though the other person has muted me, but they can hear everything I'm saying loud and clear. I end up having to put the phone down seeing as I can't hear them any more, but as soon as I put the phone down at my end, it re-calls that person over and over again. They are unable to reject the call but as soon as they accept it, the line goes dead and I apparently re-call them again. None of this is happening at my end but before I can call them back, they have been called at least 5-6 times by me.

I have tried a soft reset, turning the wifi calling on/off, connecting to different wifi networks and turning off mobile network (just on the off chance it is jumping back to the network when a signal is detected). None of this has worked. EE have recommended a hard reset but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try before this?

5 REPLIES 5
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: WiFi calling issue - can anyone help?

@jstubbs I would go with hard reset, make sure you have backed everything up first though 😕 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Are you connected to the 2.4hz or 5hz wifi band? If the 5hz then try connecting to the 2.4hz band. 

I would also add the service isn't perfect and from historical posts Sony phones don't seem to work that well for some reason.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jstubbs

Thanks for visiting community 🙂

Have you tried the advice given by @Northerner to try and help you.

If the team have advised a hard reset then try this after the information passed to you by @Northerner next.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by jstubbs
Explorer

Hi all,

I created a secondary SSID from my router so it could connect to 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz and since then I have had no drop calls 😄

Thanks all for your help!

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @jstubbs Smiley Happy

Happy to hear it's working for you.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.