by nic52a
Explorer

Why is the annual upgrade turning into a farce?

I was invited by several EE emails to pre-order an iphone 8. They did not tell me until I went into the EE store they take your present phone off you and you are phoneless until the iphone 8 arrives. Waited 3 weeks sofar for iphone 8.

11 REPLIES 11
by nic52a
Explorer

Annual upgrade farce

Went into EE store on launch day for iphone8. They had stock but could not complete the transaction because they said trade in computer system was down. Been in twice since and same tale. Tried another EE store a week later and same tale can't have my annual upgrade. Tried again two weeks later still computer system down. What sort of company is EE that it can't fix a computer system?

Paying top whack for a max plan but getting inferior service. Disgusting.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why is the annual upgrade turning into a farce?

Good morning @nic52a

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Just to confirm that annual upgrade must be completed in store.

Are you actually without a phone at the moment?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Surely this makes no sense. I get you hand it in store but they shouldn’t take your old phone until you get your new one 

that’s how the Apple upgrade program works

by

Hi @NickH16

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

They don't take the phone away until your new phone is there.

This is Annual upgrade with EE and all the terms and conditions can be found in the help and support pages.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Richard_C wrote:

Hi @NickH16

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

They don't take the phone away until your new phone is there.

This is Annual upgrade with EE and all the terms and conditions can be found in the help and support pages.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Right ok, thought by what the op was saying they would take away the phone without getting the new one first.

i will be getting the iphone x 256GB with EE as long as it’s not over £90 a month. Otherwise will go sim only and get it through apple upgrade program.

i do worry about availability though ordering through EE or any carrier as i bet there will be major stock issues.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NickH16  You can bet there will be stock issues as the iPhone 8 has not had the “WHERES MY IPHONE” thread as with most apple launches, and the fact the rumours about Apple having production issues and also the rumours of possible upto 6 months waiting times because of very very high demand.  

by

No @NickH16 🙂

I couldn't even imagine being without a phone, it's bad enough If I leave it at home for the day.

I always panic in case something happens to family etc.

Here is some information on iPhone X and you can register your interest if you would like to.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@NickH16  You can bet there will be stock issues as the iPhone 8 has not had the “WHERES MY IPHONE” thread as with most apple launches, and the fact the rumours about Apple having production issues and also the rumours of possible upto 6 months waiting times because of very very high demand.  

@Chris_B 6 months I doubt but it will be limited to the point there is a threadageddon again on here.

if it was 6 months you may as well wait for the X-2, 9, XI, 11, X^2 or whatever they are going to call it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stoker79   “Rumours” not fact but you can bet there will be a very long “WHERES MY IPHONE X” thread.   The i8 has not had any sort of commotion that an iPhone launch would normally generate on here.  That in itself is a  indication of what’s going to happen at the start of next month.  

And for the first time ever I’ll be pre ordering just to get my name on a list knowing that I’ll get one at some point,  launch day would be nice but I very much doubt it will happen and I’m not counting on it.  I’m just looking at getting a WS3+C at the moment as I can get one tomorrow just trying to convince myself to do it.  Lol.  

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B

my watch is arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait.  Yeah was super simple to upgrade my wife’s iPhone 6 to an 8.  Ordered in the afternoon and arrived the next morning.

ill be out of the country when pre-orders for the X start only returning a few weeks after so it’s going to throw the annual upgrade way out if I go for it at that time for next year.

do I, don’t I...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stoker79  Hope all goes well with the watch connection,  and you know you want the X. Lol.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.