Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Why is my 4gee WiFi mini so slow abroad

Hello

i recently bought a 4gee WiFi mini to bring to Cyprus on hols. Bought the 50gb package and was told by curry’s that it will work in Cyprus and more importantly with a Xbox and amazon fire stick. 

As you can see the speeds are sooo slow. 

Any suggestions on how to speed up? 

Someone mentioned something about changing country code and or change to 5ghz? 

Can anyone please help as it’s painful watching a film or football with all the stop start and paid £35 month for this???

thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why is my 4gee WiFi mini so slow abroad

3BF3AFD9-F612-4DA2-B509-8223DB6EF11A.png

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi,

The yellow router only works in the UK and Asian countries because it's network frequencies are fixed. If you have managed to get a signal then you are lucky and it's unlikely to be any better. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Curry’s / pc world and the listing advertised states 48 eu countries?? 

Ee can you help please. 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GeorgeJoannou

Thanks for coming here to see us 🙂

I can see that @Northerner has helped you with this already.

Is the device operating at the same speed no matter what area you are in or how many devices are connected to it?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is a disconnect between the capabilities of the device itself & the capabilities of the EE plan on the SIM which is what the adverts are referring to.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hello 

I spoke to EE technical support who stated that yes it should work in Cyprus but we cannot determine the speed of the networks provided. I only have one device running at once with the occasional use of my phone too. 

The speeds are awful and a warning should be put on all sites and packaging warning people of this before they too waste their money. 

This is not a solution at all from a company who state the fastest broadband speeds 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.