by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Where is this S7 Edge Nougat Update?

@Galactus Thanks for that I've flashed with Odin before but just never changed the CSc so am I right in thinking I would download the latest BTU from sammobile and also the beta 1 and then just use the CSc file with the others from the later firmware?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

Yeah grab the latest Nougat BTU from sammobile (or use Samfirm from XDA since you get uncapped speed).

Download the Nougat beta files from XDA (you'll only need the CSC but you'll probably find the whole firmware rather than individual files)

Then in Odin, use all the official Nougat files but for CSC you'll pick the beta 1 CSC file (which should actually be called OXA rather than BTU) and you're good to go. 

Just in case you're wondering, Oxa CSC is a "multi" CSC for Europe that actually has all the files for multiple regions including UK (BTU), Nordic (NEE), UK and Ireland (XEU), Carphone Warehouse (CPW) and a few other. The default CSC file inside of OXA just so happens to be UK (BTU)

by Hhslat Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I flashed the BTU firmware back in December as my phone was running the Swiss version and I had no access to wifi calling. I actually got the nougat update a couple of weeks (or so) ago and have now lost the wifi calling option again.

Any ideas? Will I have to use the OXA CSC?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is it correct for an Ace Contributor of this EE forum to circumvent an EE firmware in order to bring their device up to date?

Should we not be pushing EE to bring speedy updates and improvement to the service so this is not necessary?

Mark 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bellyman wrote:

Is it correct for an Ace Contributor of this EE forum to circumvent an EE firmware in order to bring their device up to date?

Should we not be pushing EE to bring speedy updates and improvement to the service so this is not necessary?

Mark 

Daniel is just a customer Mark.

I would do the exact same thing.

First thing I ever do when getting a contract is to flash it to the BTU firmware.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I see that o2 and 3 have now realeased this so it's just EE lagging behind! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Damienw1 wrote:

I see that o2 and 3 have now realeased this so it's just EE lagging behind! 

and Virgin and Vodaphone..   🙂

Although they both have a far better track record at getting out the updates and i'd lay money on EE coming last.  

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Keep in mind due to EEs policy there has not been a security update on the S6 since May 2016...

Lagging behind is an understatement.  

by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

What nonsense policy is this?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE chose to roll out security updates when there is an OS update.

To quote Rich on the FB team who has lied and not got back to me as promised....

"On the Samsung GS6 specifically, we’ve been working hard with Samsung to roll out the update, but the quality of the updates we’ve received have not been at a level that offer a sufficient quality user experience all around, not just for EE services. Following a review of the process and taking yours and others feedback on board, we’ve requested Samsung and other manufacturers separate out their software and security updates, rather than combine them as they currently do – as we agree that it’s important to get these updates to our customers as quickly as we can. I’m pleased to say Samsung has now agreed to do this approach on a number of their devices moving forward.

I hope this provides you with the background you require, we will update you as soon as we know the update is coming out. Thanks - Rich.

Samsung roll out different variants of the update for each operator. I can’t comment on other network’s approvals process, but user experience is very important to us. If the quality of the update we receive is not at the required level, then we work with Samsung to ensure this is rectified before it’s rolled out. Moving forward Samsung has agreed to splitting out the updates for EE on a number of their devices - which we’re pleased will allow them to be rolled out to customers as swiftly as possible. - Rich"

by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've read. You're telling me that out of all the mobile operators in the world, only EE noticed that the update wasn't to the level they expected? Nonsense looool.

Thank God for those poor souls who know how to flash BTU firmware via Odin. They can run from EE firmware

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yes this is the pathetic reason EE gives and continues to ignore...

by Hhslat Contributor
Contributor

Bearing in mind that I have no real idea what I'm talking about....!

I flashed the BTU firmware in December and received the Nougat update last week or so and no longer have wifi calling. Will I have to wait until ee releases an approved version?

by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

Flash the BTU firmware again and this time use the Nougat BETA csc file instead (it's on XDA) and you'll have wi-fi calling and volte. You need to make sure you are doing full wipes when flashing in Odin so that the CSC on your phone changes

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

As you can see Samsung delivers a quality product that is only flawed once using EE adjusted firmware.  You have the most secure device possible.. enjoy

by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

ROFL

At least they aren't as bad as Verizon in the US, who have had the home button on Samsung devices branded.

Imagine a big fat green EE logo on the S7's home button!

by chakras Investigator
Investigator

if  flash the firmware and have issues afterwards is it possible to reset it to factory settings and start again?

by chakras Investigator
Investigator

also which firmware would i dload from sammobile?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You would download the SM-G935F United Kingdom BTU firmware.

Yes you can restore the phone via the computer smart switch if it bricks the phone. 

But I would only recommend doing it if you are confident as EE or myself will not take any responsibility. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by chakras Investigator
Investigator

BTU Firmware?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.