Highlighted
by Olioak
Explorer

Where is this S7 Edge Nougat Update?

Ive been waiting ages to get this update and my friend on O2 got the S7 Edge Update last month but yet on EE I still haven't got it. 😞

44 REPLIES 44
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Where is this S7 Edge Nougat Update?

EE are slow at releasing updates. They also never tell you when they will release it.

I'm sorry but you will just need to wait.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You'll get it only when EE force-feeds you it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi welcome to EE the fastest network with the slowest update policy.

Join us here and help us try and make EE change their policy for all Android devices.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/List-devices-behind-on-security-and-OS-updates/td-p/526289

We deserve the most update to date and secure devices and if not why not.

Mark L

by Chris77 Contributor
Contributor

I have been with EE for years but as time has moved along and the increasing vulnerability of anything and everything connected to the Internet, I can't stay with a provider who offers the fastest speeds and best coverage but doesn't seem to have the ability to keep up with everyone else in keeping our devices more secure. I shall be leaving EE as soon as my contract expires. Their lack of speed with updates and refusal to provide reasons why is not acceptable for me. Sorry EE. I'm off. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

This may be the only way EE may actually take note and listen.

If people start voting with their feet. But it will have to be a lot of people to do so as EE is the biggest network and won't miss a few thousand.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Fcwesty

Best thing to do is move away from Samsung and EE, go to Apple and let them both know the reasons behind your decision, that's where I'm headed. 

by debz151180

I'm still waiting also for my s7 edge to recieve the nougat update,  but I also have a Sony xperia xz, which I recieved the nougat update for last September 2016, if Sony can do it why can't EE. 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This is the big question that never gets answered, just why is EE unable to do as everyone else can.  Why do they chose to leave us behind and with poor security.

Why?

Mark L

by baigsu Investigator
Investigator

Was told their 4G set up was a bit different and so updates slower than other carriers

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

It was noted EE is t mobile and orange combined so more some changes needed but once known that issue shouldn't effect future updates

by Profile closed
Not applicable

In the land of my Note 4 VoLTE and Wifi calling updates.

This might not even happen knowing EE. 

EE assured us that an update allowing the HTC 10 to use VoLTE was coming and it never did.  They have an abysmal history regarding updates.

In a year or so's time I'm either switching to Apple or I'm off to Vodafone

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I thought i read recently that change/update has been released for the HTC 10?

EE said last week they are only responsible for calls and texts and not the device or the software on it.  Even though they insist on changes made to it to work on their network they have no agreement with manufacturers and are unable to apply pressure to have updates released.

This i suspect is a lie.

They also stated non network affecting updates will get the same delays as each up date increases the version number.  So thanks to EEs "features no one else has" we don't get the security and OS updates EVERYONE else has.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Unlike most on here I actually worked for EE albeit for a short time when it was still trading as Orange and T-Mobile.

EE as Orange wanted all their iPhones to be branded the same as they do with all their Android phones. With all their restrictions like for example only allowing VoLTE activation on EE branded handsets, not displaying 4G+ logos and deciding when handset users would get a operating sysytem (IF EVER!) etc

Apple told EE as Orange to p*** off.

And as from July 2018, I will be doing one of two things.

I will be either switching to Apple of leaving EE altogether..totally FED UP with

all of this rubbish from EE.

by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

Better off just flashing Nougat yourselves with the beta 1 CSC files. You'll get fully working UK nougat with VoLTE and wi-fi calling

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Galactus Are you sure? How would we go about this? Thanks 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

I've been running it since Nougat was first released. Look on XDA forums. The official ODIN Samsung flashing tool does the trick.  

Volte was enabled during the Nougat beta but EE asked Samsung to remove it from further updates. Flashing stock UK nougat plus the Beta 1 CSC file (which holds all carrier information) will do the trick.  

Flashing firmware through Odin does not void any sort of warranty

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Galactus Ok Great thanks so will the phone still be running beta? Or the latest firmware I assume OTA doesn't work?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Galactus Contributor
Contributor

No you will be on official nougat firmware. The only information that beta 1 CSC file holds is information about networks ie volte and wi-fi calling settings for EE, o2, Vodafone etc. Users who are rooted don't even need to flash anything. They can just copy and paste lines of code that enable volte and wi-fi calling lol

OTA updates will work but after you update you'll probably lose volte (wi-fi calling will be fine). That's because the ota update will overwrite your beta 1 CSC with official UK CSC (which has the code for EE volte removed).

If at any point you wish to go back to EE firmware, it's a simple case of flashing stock EE files in Odin again and you'll be back as if nothing happened. Do bare in mind though that an Odin flash will wipe your internal memory (external SD card is untouched). So make a back up before proceeding. If your new to Odin flashing, following the tutorial on XDA is EXTREMELY simple. Once you've flashed once you'll find it's a no brainer

by baigsu Investigator
Investigator

Not a big fan of apple so don't I'd make that switch.  i did call EE to see if I could get out of my contract, unfortunately not for a while.  My plan is to switch out to O2 at first opportunity

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.