by As4624 Investigator
Investigator

When does Apple Music start working?

I upgraded today and my Apple Music subscription text came through and has been activated however when I go on Apple Music it says my membership with EE is not present? 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When does Apple Music start working?

Check in your phone Settings whether the mobile no. it thinks it is is correct. If not, try putting the SIM in an iPhone or simple feature phone where you can change the stored no. manually. That should fix it.

Or call EE as generally a network refresh will correct the number which is in the device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@As4624  Did you get a new sim card  with this upgrade?  Have you received a text message telling you to restart the device?  It usually takes around 4-5 hours before your number is fully ported over toa new SIM card.  You should try restarting the device a few time.  

And if you have or haven’t 

Have you text MUSIC to 150 ? It might be on your account but you still need to send the text message. 

@XRaySpeX. You can not manually change the number on a iPhone to show the correct number if it’s not correct as it gets this information directly from the SIM card so if the SIM card has the wrong number on it it just will show that number.   You could once though do this.

by As4624 Investigator
Investigator

No, it was an upgrade where I kept the same sim. I've had the text to say the Apple Music has been activated and to open the app but then when I do it's says I don't have a membership through EE. I've tired restarting the phone a couple of times. And I've text 150 with Music and it says I already activated my Apple Music membership! 

My phone tells me my phone number correctly also in settings. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @As4624,

Thanks for joining the EE Community. Smiley Happy

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

James

by As4624 Investigator
Investigator

As in the Apple Music app- can you do that on an iPhone?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, the Apple Music app is available from the Apple iStore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by As4624 Investigator
Investigator

Yep have just reinstalled in and sadly still won't work 

by

Hi @As4624,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you tried opening the app with WiFi turned off?

Thanks

James

by As4624 Investigator
Investigator

Still no luck. I tried closing the app completely turning off wifi and repeating but got the same error message. I also tried to join from the settings app but got the same error message

by

Hi @As4624,

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.