by Speed180
Visitor

When can I get Nougat on my S7 Edge?

26 REPLIES 26
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When can I get Nougat on my S7 Edge?

Hi, 

EE will release the update when it's ready to be released after it meets EE network requirements and is fully tested. 

When any update is available your phone will let you know.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by markfox012 Investigator
Investigator

Hello EE

Do you realise that a lot of people will move to a different network due to your inability to give a straight answer over the nougat update. We don't want to hear WHEN AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE YOUR PHONE WILL LET YOU KNOW. 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @markfox012

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

We can't give exact dates on software updates, as like with anything there can be delays.

The update will be rolled out by Samsung once the update has been approved by both sides.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Wouldn't it be a good idea to show a time line of events for these sort of issues

For example

1st Feb - EE received standard build of firmware for S7

7th Feb - EE submitted changes to Samsung for S7

10th Feb - Samsung agree changes and start work

15th Feb - EE receive first build of EE changed firmware for S7 to test

20th Feb - Testing complete and changes passed on to Samsung

25th Feb - EE receive 2nd build of EE changed firmware

30th Feb - EE completes test ok given to Samsung 

1st Mar - Samsung start deploying firmware

Wouldn't that give the customers more information, reduce frustration and less posts on the forum.   One simple page with all the devices EE offers with a time line of the updates.  It could include the changes in each build and links to fixes and guides to other services and avenues for advice.

Also if there is an issue EVERYONE knows where it is and EE will be able to advice why it is.

I see this as a fantastic value add for EE and one that needs little work from the business.  

Mark

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

All the big players have released 7.0, O2 released it at the weekend and I on my girlfriend's phone. 

My S7 hasn't had a security update since 1st December. 

Girlfriend has had 2 security updates since December. 

Over all I am not impressed with EE and there updates... Happy to take our money but can't give a straight answer.... Someone at EE has the answer to when 7.0 will be released. 

All I can say is "it better run smooth as butter when it's finally released" because they have had long enough to get it right. 

by Ole_Gunnar Investigator
Investigator

Nougat dropped last night on my EE S7.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Ole_Gunnar is your s7 direct from Ee, or from carphone warehouse? 

Investigator

It's unlocked from Carphone Warehouse on a EE sim only contract.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Thought that would be the case 🙁 @Ole_Gunnar

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ole_Gunnar wrote:

It's unlocked from Carphone Warehouse on a EE sim only contract.

Hi, 

Enter *#1234# into the dialer and post the three sets of numbers. These will give you the info on your phone branding. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

It says Connection problem or invalid MMI code when I do that, not actually sure why you want it either though. I've said it's unlocked from Carphone Warehouse.

I'll happily post a screenshot of the Software Info from the phones settings if you want to see it.

by N3CR0M4NC3R Investigator
Investigator

I got fed up and just flashed the BTU firmware onto my s7 edge due to their inability to provide proper info about the delay in the OTA update,
no knox trip and yes i've probably voided my warranty but it was either that or sit in the dark with a horrible level of service

Running Nougat now on my device and so far no problems

Pathetic level of service from you guys at EE considering OTHER uk providers are already pushing 7.0.1 out onto devices

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@N3CR0M4NC3R You won't have invalidated your warranty official firmware is fine it doesn't affect it I am tempted to do the same myself fed up of waiting on EE but the trouble is I use the Volte which isn't supported on BTU is it? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Investigator

Correct VOLTE isn't supported but i can manage without it,
If it is something you would be using then i wouldn't apply the BTU update and as much as i would hate to say this best wait out for when ee EVENTUALLY release the nougat update out

I've seen a few posts of people using the base s7 getting it so one would assume that it should reach us edge users eventually

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@N3CR0M4NC3R Yeah thanks for confirming about the Volte I guess I will have to wait EE may decide to release it at some point although I'm beginning to think their not going to bother 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Investigator

Quick point of reference if you are fine with reflashing twice there seems to be a way to get volte support via a post on xda dev,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/finally-method-enabling-volte-s7-edge-t3553066

I wouldnt be patient enough for this but it seems to work from the confirmed posts

by Joshua111 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

to be honest ee are extremely lazy when it comes to updates they are not helpful at all when asked about nougat update they simply say "your phone will alert you" which yes it will by that time nougat will be old!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Do you think a site detailing the EEs time line of updates and would be a benefit.

I've written about it above and the ideas been passed on within EE but we need more people saying this would be of benefit.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Yes I think this would be of benefit to be honest any info is better than nothing it's getting silly now all other UK networks have had it for sometime now why is Ee stalling 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.