This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by Sacha Investigator
Investigator

What is your relationship with 01415334403

Hello,

I have received several calls from the following number:

They claim to be calling from "EE and Orange". However the number is not listed on this page, which lists all the numbers of your authorised partners:

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?ARTICLE_ID=540790&CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID...

The callers are rude and pushy. 

Please can you clarify the exact nature of your relationship with the caller 01415334403.

Furthermore, if they are in fact not one of your "authorised partners", please can you let me know how they might have received both my name and mobile number?

Many thanks.

XXXXX XXXXXX

[Mod edit: Name removed at account holders request]

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by melissa1988
Solution

Re: What is your relationship with 01415334403

hi

i got this call yesterday claiming they were from orange saying i could get a new phone - asked for me by name and to confirm my address.

they offered me a new phone i didnt accept the phone as i said i dont want to be stuck with 2 contracts at the 1 time, but insted that all would be fine as my current contract ends in april i wont be charged untill then. i still DIDNT accept but they said they would send out details of the contract for me to read out.

now i am panicing cause by the looks of things it is a total scam and i scared incase they somehow have my bank details (although i didnt give them out!).

i have phoned bother orange and phones 4u (where i got my last contract from) and no one seems to have details about this call at all.

help Smiley Sad

6 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Companies buy and sell people's data it's common practise. Just next time they ring advise them if they continue to call you warn them you will take legal proceedings for harassment. Then I bet you they never ring again.
Brendon

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below
Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
0800 956 6000 (Option 5) from any other phone
0800 079 8586 Home Broadband & EE TV

by Sacha Investigator
Investigator

"Companies buy and sell people's data it's common practise"

They knew I had a contract with Orange.

The only possibility is that Orange sold my data (name and number) to a third party, without my consent. That is in direct contravention of my consumer rights.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's common practise and not against the law. You signed up to a contract and signed the dotted line
Brendon

Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Brendonx is absolutely right - whilst this is a colossal pain, EE, Orange and T-Mobile are covered by: http://explore.ee.co.uk/privacy ,Clause 4. I had a look over this as my details have clearly been given to a third party...

I suspect that T-Mobile learnt their lesson after this issue a few years back. Basically they can now do whatever they want pretty much. Be polite and firm if they call back and ask to be removed from their database. 

by melissa1988
Solution

hi

i got this call yesterday claiming they were from orange saying i could get a new phone - asked for me by name and to confirm my address.

they offered me a new phone i didnt accept the phone as i said i dont want to be stuck with 2 contracts at the 1 time, but insted that all would be fine as my current contract ends in april i wont be charged untill then. i still DIDNT accept but they said they would send out details of the contract for me to read out.

now i am panicing cause by the looks of things it is a total scam and i scared incase they somehow have my bank details (although i didnt give them out!).

i have phoned bother orange and phones 4u (where i got my last contract from) and no one seems to have details about this call at all.

help Smiley Sad

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ring Orange back and see if there has been an additional line added to your account. Or another in your name. f so you can get this sorted straight away/
Brendon

Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions