by Harry13 Investigator
Investigator

What a refresh

Some friends also on EE are getting the you have dialled an incorrect number message and tech guy mentioned a refresh. Concerned about doing this as others seemed to have experienced problems. The ones who can't get through can however text me. What is a refresh and how does it work as someone in here said it did not work at all!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What a refresh

@Harry13  Are you going on bout a network reset on the device?  Is so go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  Your device will reboot and you’ll need to put your wifi passwords back to the device after this.    

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Harry13,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The technical advisor would have been talking about refreshing your account at his end to see if this will fix the issue.

It's nothing to worry about, but if it didn't fix the issue, please get in touch so they can take another look at the problem.

Thanks

James

by Harry13 Investigator
Investigator

Haven't done it yet as I needed to do a software update first which hasn't made any difference and also sign out of Apple ID which wasn't sure about doing in case I lost anything

by

Hi @Harry13,

Don't worry, you won't lose anything you have backed up by logging out of your Apple ID.

Thanks

James

by Harry13 Investigator
Investigator

Presume that logs out if everything like iCloud. Is it necessary to do that to help sort this problem. How common is this issue and is it sortable?

by

Hi @Harry13,

It's not a common issue. Please follow the steps recommended by the technical team and get back in touch if they don't resolve the issue.

They'll be happy to continue to help until it's fixed. Smiley Happy

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.